Digital First Media
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, USA|
|Area served||Massachusetts, Vermont, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico & California|
CEO John Paton President Jeff Bairstow CFO Barbara Bennett Editor in Chief Jim Brady CTO Bob MasonCHRO Robert Monteleone
|Owner(s)||Alden Global Capital|
|Divisions||MediaNews Group & Journal Register Company|
Digital First Media is a management company specializing in newspapers. It manages the MediaNews Group, Digital First Ventures, and 21st Century Media. It is headquartered in New York City.
As of 2012, the combined newspapers and online media outlets managed by the company had 66.6 million readers.
The company name comes from the "Digital First" transformation of traditional newspaper operations. According to DFM's CEO John Paton[disambiguation needed], this process and workflow prioritizes delivery of news and information on the platform of the customer's choice—including web, mobile, SMS and social media.
- Harden, Mark (December 13, 2011). "MediaNews Group manager, Digital First, to invest in tech startups". Denver Business Journal.
- Rainey, James (January 15, 2012). "News exec John Paton is out to stop the presses". Los Angeles Times.
- "Company Overview of Digital First Media Inc.". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- "Journal Register Company Announces The Creation of Digital First Media Inc." (Press release). Journal Register Company. September 7, 2011.
- Carey, Pete (May 4, 2012). "Digital First Media's chief says newspapers have key advantages in the struggle for readers and advertising". San Jose Mercury News.