||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2010)|
|Serves small to mid-market banks and credit unions|
|Industry||Computer software; financial services|
|Predecessor||Intuit Financial Services|
|Headquarters||Redwood City, California, USA|
|CeCe Morken, CEO|
|Products||Consumer Internet banking and lending platforms; online financial management (OFM) programs|
Number of employees
Digital Insight (DI) is one of the largest providers of outsourced online financial management (OFM) solutions to U.S. mid-market banks and credit unions, with nearly 1,700 institutions served. Applications offered by DI include consumer and business Internet banking, electronic bill payment and presentment, personal and small business online financial management, mobile banking, online account opening, funds transfer, and financial institution website development and hosting. The firm also provides client support programs with downloadable customizable materials to help financial institutions better market their online banking services.
Digital Insight’s most recent product introductions are two OFM tools offered exclusively through banks and credit unions: FinanceWorks for consumers, released in September 2008, and Small Business FinanceWorks for small business owners, released in February 2009.
History and accolades
Digital Insight was founded in July 1995 by Paul Fiore and Daniel Jacoby. CEO Fiore and CTO Jacoby raised $1.1 million in seed capital from their employer XP Systems, Moorpark, CA and launched their first client, Community Credit Union, Plano, TX in February 1996. The startup raised $3 million from Menlo Ventures in January 1997 and $8 million from Menlo Ventures and HarbourVest Partners in February 1998. Paul Fiore recruited new CEO John Dorman in October 1998 from Oracle / Treasury Services. Digital Insight went public on the NASDAQ (DGIN) with lead investment banker Morgan Stanley on October 1, 1999 at an offer price of $15. Intuit – maker of Quicken, TurboTax, and other financial programs for consumers and tax professionals – acquired Digital Insight in 2007 for $1.35 billion to expand its market to financial institutions. With the introductions of FinanceWorks in 2008 and Small Business FinanceWorks in 2009, the company entered the online financial management arena.
Aite Group listed Digital Insight as one of the “Leading U.S. Small-Business Banking Technology Providers” in its August 2007 report The Online Small-Business Banking Strategies of Large U.S. Banks. Digital Insight also won the ACE (Achievement in Customer Excellence) Award for Client Service Satisfaction nine times from 2005 to 2014.   (The ACE awards program was established in 2005 by CustomerSat, Inc., which was acquired by MarketTools in 2008  and then by Confirmit in 2012. )
On January 10, 2014 NCR completed the acquisition of Digital Insight from Thoma Bravo for $1.65 billion in cash. 
- Online banking platforms for financial institutions, providing consumer Internet banking and bill payment and presentment
- Online banking platforms for businesses
- FinanceWorks, an online financial management tool that allows consumers to manage all their banking, credit card, loan, and other accounts in one place
- Small Business FinanceWorks, an online solution to help small businesses manage their daily administrative tasks, such as billing and invoicing, payroll, remote bank deposits, and legal filings.
- Online banking value ad offerings for banks and credit unions, including online statements, check imaging, remote deposit capture, mobile banking, online account opening, funds transfer, secure support/secure chat, website development and hosting, and more.
- "Press Release". March 25, 2009.
- Smith, Leo (17 December 1996). "Internet Services Provider Digital Insight Takes Aim at Banks". Los Angeles Times.
- Hovey, Juan (20 January 1999). "Partners Looked for (and Found) Capital in Right Places". Los Angeles Times.
- "The Online Small-Business Banking Strategies of Large U.S. Banks.". Aite Group. August 15, 2007.
- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/digital-insight-named-2014-confirmit-130000065.html | accessed 21 January 2015
- http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/144/144000.html | accessed 21 January 2015
- http://www.confirmit.com/Home/Who-We-Are/See-All-Press-Releases/Confirmit-Acquires-CustomerSat-from-MarketTools.aspx | accessed 21 January 2015
- Fest, Glen (October 2008). "Intuit Launches FinanceWorks out of Pilot Phase". Bank Technology News. Retrieved 4 January 2010.
- "Small Business FinanceWorks - Optimize your budget". CNNMoney.com. October 29, 2009. Retrieved 4 January 2010.
- Koegler, Scott (May 11, 2009). "Mid-Market Hero: SAFE Credit Union Introduces Online Features To Compete With Big Banks Faced with growing demand from customers for online banking services, SAFE Credit Union turned to a familiar provider of consumer accounting applications to introduce big bank functionality without spending big bank bucks". InformationWeek. Retrieved 4 January 2010.