||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2015)|
|Serves community banks and credit unions|
|Industry||Computer software; financial services|
|Predecessor||Intuit Financial Services|
|Jeff Hughes, General Manager|
|Products||Online banking and mobile banking|
Number of employees
Digital Insight (DI) is one of the largest providers of digital banking solutions to U.S. mid-market banks and credit unions, with nearly 1,000 institutions served. Applications offered by DI include retail Internet banking, electronic bill payment and presentment, personal financial management, mobile banking, online account opening, funds transfer, and financial institution website development and hosting. The firm also provides client support programs with downloadable customizable materials to help financial institutions better market their online banking services. Digital Insight created an innovation lab in 2014 to help financial institution clients experiment and implement emerging technologies such as biometrics, geo-fencing and location-based services. 
History and accolades
Digital Insight was founded in July 1995 by Paul Fiore and Daniel Jacoby. CEO Fiore and CTO Jacoby raised $1.1 million in seed capital from their employer XP Systems, Moorpark, CA and launched their first client, Community Credit Union, Plano, TX in February 1996. The startup raised $3 million from Menlo Ventures in January 1997 and $8 million from Menlo Ventures and HarbourVest Partners in February 1998. Paul Fiore recruited new CEO John Dorman in October 1998 from Oracle / Treasury Services. Digital Insight went public on the NASDAQ (DGIN) with lead investment banker Morgan Stanley on October 1, 1999 at an offer price of $15. Intuit – maker of Quicken, TurboTax, and other financial programs for consumers and tax professionals – acquired Digital Insight in 2007 for $1.35 billion to expand its market to financial institutions. With the introductions of FinanceWorks in 2008 and Small Business FinanceWorks in 2009, the company entered the personal financial management arena. In 2010, the company introduced iPhone and iPad mobile banking applications. An Android tablet banking app was released in 2013. The company entered into an agreement with Guardian Analytics in 2014 to deliver anomaly detection services to financial institutions. And, in 2015, Digital Insight secured an agreement with EyeVerify to integrate the biometrics company's eye vein recognition technology, called Eyeprint ID, into its mobile banking platforms.
Digital Insight is a 9-time award winner for the ACE (Achievement in Customer Excellence) Award for Client Service Satisfaction from 2005 to 2014.   (The ACE awards program was established in 2005 by CustomerSat, Inc., which was acquired by MarketTools in 2008  and then by Confirmit in 2012. ) It was recognized as Top overall U.S. Retail Online Banking Vendor of 2012 by IDC Financial Insights. Digital Insight is a preferred provider of online banking for CUNA Strategic Services. It received an XCelent Award for Depth of Service by Celent in April 2013 and was ranked in the Top 25 of World’s Cloud Top 500 Applications Vendors by APPS RUN THE CLOUD.
On January 10, 2014 NCR completed the acquisition of Digital Insight from Thoma Bravo for $1.65 billion in cash. 
- Online and mobile banking platforms for financial institutions, providing consumer Internet banking and bill payment and presentment
- FinanceWorks, a personal financial management tool that allows consumers to manage all their banking, credit card, loan, and other accounts in one place
- Online banking value ad offerings for banks and credit unions, including online statements, check imaging, remote deposit capture, mobile banking, online account opening, funds transfer, Person-to-Person payments, secure support/secure chat, website development and hosting, and more.
- Smith, Leo (17 December 1996). "Internet Services Provider Digital Insight Takes Aim at Banks". Los Angeles Times.
- Hovey, Juan (20 January 1999). "Partners Looked for (and Found) Capital in Right Places". Los Angeles Times.
- "The Online Small-Business Banking Strategies of Large U.S. Banks.". Aite Group. August 15, 2007.
- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/digital-insight-named-2014-confirmit-130000065.html | accessed 21 January 2015
- http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/144/144000.html | accessed 21 January 2015
- http://www.confirmit.com/Home/Who-We-Are/See-All-Press-Releases/Confirmit-Acquires-CustomerSat-from-MarketTools.aspx | accessed 21 January 2015
- Fest, Glen (October 2008). "Intuit Launches FinanceWorks out of Pilot Phase". Bank Technology News. Retrieved 4 January 2010.
- "Small Business FinanceWorks - Optimize your budget". CNNMoney.com. October 29, 2009. Retrieved 4 January 2010.
- Koegler, Scott (May 11, 2009). "Mid-Market Hero: SAFE Credit Union Introduces Online Features To Compete With Big Banks Faced with growing demand from customers for online banking services, SAFE Credit Union turned to a familiar provider of consumer accounting applications to introduce big bank functionality without spending big bank bucks". InformationWeek. Retrieved 4 January 2010.
- http://www.digitalinsight.com (company home page)