Originally from Yuma, Arizona, Foree began calling his project Digital Leather when he moved to Tucson, where he studied American Literature at University of Arizona. He used student loan money to buy equipment. He managed to release his first three albums after recording them in his bedroom on labels such as Tic Tac Totally, Jay Reatard's Shattered Records imprint, and FDH Records. He supported this “bedroom project” with several nationwide and European tours. Sorcerer, released on Goner Records in 2008, is a half-live, half-studio record.
In 2009, friend and fellow musician Jay Reatard took over managing duties for the band. Around this time Foree began working on a collection of songs in a fully operational studio. Released in September 2009 by Fat Possum Records, Warm Brother garnered positive reviews. Pitchfork, for example, referred to Foree as sui generis, calling the album a “charming curio.” Reportedly, the label did not initially support the album’s artwork, which features a shirtless man with the album name taped across his chest.
- Monologue (2006) Shattered
- Hard At Work (2007) Tic Tac Totally
- Blow Machine (2007) FDH
- Sorcerer (2008) Goner
- Warm Brother (2009) Fat Possum
- Infinite Sun (2011) Volar
- Sponge (2012) Crash Symbols
- Yes Please, Thank You (2012) Southpaw
- Modern Problems (2012) FDH
- Diode (2014) Crash Symbols
- Simulator (2005) Plastic Idol
- Split w/ Angry Angles (2006) Shattered
- She Had A Cameltoe (2007) Goner
- Closed My Eyes (2007) Disordered (Italy), P Trash (Germany), FDH (USA)
- Suckface (2007) Red Lounge (Germany)
- The Assault (2008) Red Lounge (Germany)
- Hurts so Bad, demo version (2009) Squoodge (Austria/Germany)
- Power Surge (2009) FDH
- Lousy Manipulator (2009) Neat Neat Neat
- Sponge (2011) Ghost Highway
- Lost Sounds Future Touch (2004) In The Red
- Tokyo Electron S/T (2005) Shattered
- Cutters 7" (2005) Sunburst
- Terror Visions World of Shit (2007) FDH
- Devon Disaster Make Things Bleed (2008) Red Lounge
- Destruction Unit/ Black Sunday Split LP (2008) FDH
- Earthmen & Strangers S/T (2009) FDH
- "Digital Leather, The Mistreaters, CoCoComa, The Hex Dispensers, and Drugs Dragons | Music | Events | The A.V. Club Milwaukee". Avclub.com. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- Swedlund, Eric. "Rise of the Synth | Music Feature". Tucson Weekly. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- Deming, Mark. "Digital Leather". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Welcome to the warped world of Digital Leather". MLive.com. 2009-11-12. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "new Digital Leather video & 2010 tour dates (SXSW)". Brooklynvegan.com. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "This Week's Recommended Shows: Jay Z, Grizzly Bear, Sunny Day Real Estate - Seattle - Slideshows". Seattleweekly.com. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Night Life". The New Yorker. 2009-01-07. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Digital Leather". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2011-01-31.