Founded in 1999, YANGAROO (TSXV: YOO) is a Canadian company specializing in providing technology solutions for the music and advertising industries.
DMDS: Digitial Media Distribution System
Digital Media Distribution System (DMDS) is a patented service of YANGAROO Inc.
DMDS is a secure distribution tool for audio and video media via the internet and is used by industry professionals. Systems like DMDS make it possible for broadcasters, TV advertisers, and post-production companies to move away from physical media like DigiBeta tapes to file based workflows.
The DMDS service supports:
- Broadcast quality music video and television advertising distribution
- Award show content distribution and voting
- Music distribution to radio and industry professionals.
DMDS Music provides programmers, broadcasters, journalists and other industry professionals with the ability to preview and download pre-release media from music professionals including major record labels and independents. Organizations like MTV have selected DMDS to manage their digital video submission process and to review materials for broadcast.
DMDS Awards is used by associations for submission and adjudication of Award Show entries. Groups like NARAS (The Grammy Awards  ) and CARAS (The Juno Awards) utilize the system to manage their Awards shows.
In December 2014, YANGAROO announced a partnership with IMD Fastrax, the music distribution arm of leading global delivery logistic company, IMD. The partnership will enable North American record labels and recording artists to deliver their music videos to the UK & Ireland via the IMD Fastrax platform.
- King, Rachel (2008-09-04). "Saving the Music Industry -- Environmentally, At Least". Fast Company.
- Lawler, Ryan (2010-04-15). "MTV Picks Yangaroo for Video Workflow". gigaom.
- Taylor, Marissa (2009-10-14). "Grammy Judges Vet Nominees Online". The Wall Street Journal.
- Vlessing, Eton (2009-10-13). "Grammys Go Digital Via Canadian Technology". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "YANGAROO Announces Partnership With IMD Fastrax". Market Wired. 2014-12-18.