Digital Skills Academy
|Digital Skills Academy|
|Affiliations||Dublin Institute of Technology|
Digital Skills Academy is a training organisation based in the Digital Hub, located in former buildings of the Guinness Brewery complex in Dublin's Liberties. It was founded in 2008 to provide training in Computing and Digital Media for people wish to up-skill in these disciplines, its programmes are validated and awarded by the Dublin Institute of Technology.
In 2011 the DIT and Digital Skills academy signed an initial three year agreement to develop and deliver new digital media programmes, commencing with the WebElevate course.
Some of the programmes are delivered part-time to facilitate job seekers and those employed, some of the programmes are NFQ Level 8 such as WebElevate and WebInnovate. In 2013 the webelevate will be available as a Level 7 BSc degree in Digital Technology and Design . The Level 6 WebActivate programme is delivered on a full-time basis. Most of the courses have an Industry placement or Industry project as a component of the course.
A number of the courses such as Webelevate and Webinnovate are available though the Irish governments Springboard initiative.
October 2013 seen the Digital Skills Academy (DSA) announce an academic collaboration with Mexican University, El Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Occidente (ITESO), which would see them jointly delivering a number of technological programmes in Mexico.
- Digital Skills Academy Digital Biscuit.
- Digital Skills Academy By Fergal Gallagher, www.digitaltimes.ie, August 1, 2012.
- DIT and Digital Skills Academy sign Partnership Silicon Republic, August 2, 2011.
- Webelevate The Digital Hub.
- Digital Skills Academy www.springboard.ie
- Momentum Skills - Momentum Official Website.
- Education Claire Murphy, Herald.ie, 22 October 2013.
- Digital Skills Academy signs academic agreement with Mexican university www.businessandleadership.com, 21 October 2013.