Digital Sound Factory
Digital Sound Factory is a sound design company that creates sound libraries, known as SoundFont libraries, for playback on synthesizers and computers compatible with Steinberg Cubase, Cakewalk Sonar, Propellerhead Reason, Steinberg Halion, Native Instruments Kontakt, Apple GarageBand, Apple Logic, Ableton Live, GenieSoft Overture, Finale, Creative Labs Audigy/X-Fi, E-MU Systems EmulatorX/Proteus X, FL Studio, VSamp, SFZ, SynthFont, and more.
Digital Sound Factory employs musicians and performs detailed recordings of their instruments. The recordings are processed using digital signal processors and mapped to a MIDI piano keyboard. Modern music, television, movies, and advertisements are composed using these sounds by electronic musicians Using software synthesizers, composers can have a large collection of sound content on command. Since 1971 the sound libraries at E-mu Systems were recorded into samples designed to play back audio on physical hardware. Digital Sound Factory has an exclusive license with E-mu to re-master the primary source libraries to function on modern computer formats. Digital Sound Factory's first releases include the E-mu Systems Proteus and Emulator sounds, the Ensoniq ASR/EPS/TS sounds, and brand new sound libraries recorded recently independent of the E-MU sound library.
Digital Sound Factory's content is integrated with:
Yamaha Music Corporation
Timeline of major products
• 2007 - Digital Sound Factory releases original Proteus and Emulator SoundFont libraries
• 2008 - Digital Sound Factory releases Propellerhead Reason Refills
• 2010 - Digital Sound Factory releases Cakewalk Dimension SFZ Instrument volumes 1 -13. Includes Grand Piano, Vinatage Synthesizers, World Instruments, Guitars, Basses, Drums, Orchestral, Hip Hop, and more.
- "Cakewalk Brings Back the E-MU Proteus, in Plug-in Form". Create Digital Music. 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-20.
- "Cakewalk E-mu Proteus Pack Quick Pick Review". Electronic Musician. 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-01.
- "Tim Swartz previews the Digital Sound Factory XSpanded sample libraries". KeyFax New Media. 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-01.