Logo as of December 2013.
|Type of site||Entertainment, media, news|
|Owner||Hearst Magazines UK|
|Created by||Digital Spy Ltd|
|Alexa rank||2,377 (December 2013[update])|
Digital Spy is a British entertainment and media news website. The site was launched in 1999, and is updated daily.
On 9 April 2008 it was announced that the website had been purchased by magazine publisher Hachette Filipacchi UK, a subsidiary of the Lagardère Group for a "significant" sum. On 1 August 2011, ownership of Hachette UK was sold to Hearst Magazines UK.
As well as articles, the site also features forums which went live in March 2000. Representatives of several major companies including Top Up TV, Joost, BSkyB, Goodmans and Amstrad CEO Lord Alan Sugar are registered members that have posted on the forum.
- "Digitalspy.co.uk Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Top Sites in United Kingdom". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "Lagardere buys UK web portal Digitalspy.co.uk". Forbes. Thomson Financial News. 9 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- Byrne, CIar (28 April 2008). "Hachette spies a good match with a digital duo". London: The Independent. Retrieved 2008-04-29.
- Rusche, Dominic (28 March 2011). "Hearst buys Elle rights in $651m Lagardère deal". The Guardian.
- "Alan Sugar". Retrieved 16 Feb 2011.
- "Top soaps compete for Spy's awards". Retrieved 9 January 2008.
- "The Bill - DS Soap Awards". Retrieved 9 January 2008.
- "BBC - Eastenders - Digital Spy Soap Awards". Retrieved 9 January 2008.
- BBC News Article