Digital Theatre (website)
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2011)|
Digital Theatre is a media production company based in London that works in partnership with leading theatre companies and producers to capture live theatre performances onscreen. The company was founded by Robert Delamere and Tom Shaw and launched in 2009. Digital Theatre produces films of stage productions in high-definition that can be downloaded or streamed as video on demand via its website. Partner companies include the Royal Shakespeare Company, Almeida Theatre, the Royal Court Theatre, the English Touring Theatre, the Young Vic and Open Air Theatre, Regent's Park.
•The Comedy of Errors – The Documentary (2010) - Behind the scenes documentary.
•The Container (2009) - Clare Bayley’s story of illegal immigration performed inside a shipping container outside the Young Vic.
Gulf Stage is a collaboration between Digital Theatre, the British Council, the Qatar Ministry of Culture, Arts & Heritage and the Qatar Foundation. Involving productions from Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, Gulf Stage was set up as a competition. Performances were chosen specifically to represent the participating countries and shot over a six-day period on location at the National Theatre of Qatar.
Gulf Stage Productions
• Al Jabra - Bahrain
• The Nursery - Kuwait
• The Dark Night - Oman
• Me... You... The Human] - Qatar
• Al Sanbouk - Saudi Arabia
- "Leading theatres launch downloadable shows". Official London Theatre. Retrieved 10 May 2011.[dead link]
- "Digital Theatre launches itune-style HD theatre download site". The Stage. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- Vaizey, Ed. "Cultural Innovation (speech given at the National Theatre, 27th January 2011)". Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- Cavendish, Dominic (14 February 2011). "The transient magic of theatre captured for ever". The Daily Telegraph.
- "Into the Woods (Review)". Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- "Royal Shakespeare Company". Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- Cavendish, Dominic (14 February 2011). "Daily Telegraph". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- Maxwell, Dominic (26 March 2010). "Shakespeare: These days, all the world really is a stage". The Times.
- "Digital Theatre Productions". Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- "British Council". Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- Gardner, Lyn (1 February 2011). "The Guardian". London. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- A Younger Theatre. "Digital Theatre launches Gulf Stage". Retrieved 10 May 2011.