Digital marketing engineer
A digital marketing engineer is a marketing engineer who applies web 2.0 technology and digital marketing platforms (such as websites, email, apps and mobile) for the purpose of achieving business goals. It is a hybrid role involving both marketing and technology knowledge. The need for digital marketing engineers arose as a result of marketing becoming reliant on increasingly sophisticated Internet technology.
The digital marketing engineer executes, or advises on the execution of, the company's digital strategy. He or she may be either part of the senior marketing management team or operating as a consultant. The digital marketing engineer is responsible for the final architecture, implementation, and management of the digital marketing plan, including advising on using digital technology to improve marketing and business results.
- Digital marketing | Internet marketing | Web marketing
- Demand generation | Marketing automation | Inbound marketing
- Conversion optimization
- Web analytics
- Search engine optimization | Social media | Email marketing
- Web design
- Web development
- Software engineer | Engineer
- Marketing technologist
- Original usage of the Digital Marketing Engineer term, with explanation - October 27, 2010 - link
- "Jobs For Millennials" - CNBC.com, August 12, 2011 (Digital Marketing Engineer is #1 on the list). Re-published on Yahoo.com and SFGate.com
- "And Then What…Becoming a Marketing Engineer in 2012" - ClickZ.com, January 4, 2012