Dil Dil Pakistan
|"Dil Dil Pakistan"|
|Single by Vital Signs|
|from the album Vital Signs 1|
|Released||August 14, 1987|
|Vital Signs singles chronology|
Dil Dil Pakistan became popular became an unofficial Pakistani anthem.
In most scenes of the video, the members of Vital Signs are riding bicycles or driving a jeep around the city. In one scene, the group is performing on the slope of a small hill. At the end, all of the band members appear in a rather simplistic studio and the video ends after a few seconds.
Lyrics of Dil Dil Pakistan are also very simple and do not contain exaggeration.
The lyricist of the song is disputed as many poets have claimed to have written this song. However, the most important and undisputed person in the creation of this song is its producer Shoaib Mansoor who is given most of the credit for the production. The artwork of this album was designed by Jaffer Hussain.
Lead singer of Vital Signs, Junaid Jamshed tells that the band and the producer were working on a love song but all efforts seemed to be unsuccessful. At last, Shoaib Mansoor abandoned the idea of love song and decided to work on a patriotic one, and as a result Dil Dil Pakistan was created.
- "Patriotic partners – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
- Anis, Ema. "Video of the day: Junaid Jamshed can still sing – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
- "The Worlds Top Ten". BBC World Service. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
- "Vital Signs - Dil Dil Pakistan [Rҝs". YouTube. 2011-08-14. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
- "DIL DIL PAKISTAN by Vital Signs". YouTube. 2007-04-01. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
- Madeeha Syed (July 26, 2009). "Exclusive: The life and times of Rohail Hyatt". Dawn. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- "Dil Dil Pakistan — jazz style | Metropolitan". Dawn.Com. 2011-09-17. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
- Official Video accessed via YouTube
- Dil Dil Pakistan - English lyrics and information about the song ( a word-to-word nonsensical translation)
- Cherishing Independence from afar