Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji
|Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Madhur Bhandarkar|
|Produced by||Madhur Bhandarkar
Kumar Mangat Pathak
|Screenplay by||Madhur Bhandarkar
|Story by||Madhur Bhandarkar
|Edited by||Devendra Murdeshwar|
|Distributed by||Bhandarkar Entertainment
Wide Frames Pictures
Baba Arts Limited Production
|Budget||₹220 million (US$3.5 million)|
|Box office||₹310 million (US$4.9 million)|
Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji (translation: The heart is but a child) is a 2011 Indian Hindi romantic comedy film directed by Madhur Bhandarkar, starring Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi, Omi Vaidya, Shazahn Padamsee, Shruti Haasan and Shraddha Das in the lead roles. It is produced by Madhur Bhandarkar and Kumar Mangat under the banner of Bhandarkar Entertainment and Wide Frame Films. The film was released on 28 January 2011.
The story revolves around the adventures of three childish men who are on the lookout for true love, will they succeed in finding their soul mates?
Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji around the story of three men. Naren Ahuja (Ajay Devgn) works as a bank manager and is seeking divorce from his wife, Madhvi (Rituparna Sengupta); Abhay Suri (Emraan Hashmi) is a playboy and gym trainer; and Milind Kelkar (Omi Vaidya) works in a matrimonial company and is in search for true love. Naren leaves his house and starts living in his parents' house. Abhay and Milind are thrown out of their rented apartments and end up as paying guests for Naren. Naren has a crush on June Pinto (Shazahn Padamsee), who works as an intern in his bank. Milind starts loving a radio jockey, Gungun Sarkar (Shraddha Das). Abhay falls for Anushka Narang (Tisca Chopra), a former Ms. India, who married a multi-millionaire and is interested in young men.
Naren and June start enjoying each other's company. Milind tries to impress Gungun, which annoys her, but she uses Milind for her own reasons. Abhay gets full attention from Anushka and they start having an affair. The three love stories blossom until Nikki Narang (Shruti Haasan), the stepdaughter of Anushka, enters the story. Abhay falls for Nikki and starts ignoring Anushka. He breaks up with Anushka and starts going out with Nikki. June's grandma invites Naren for dinner, and Gungun eventually falls in love with Milind. The next day, everything changes. Milind gets angry after getting a letter from Gungun that she's going to Chennai for a movie, Nikki breaks up with Abhay, and June's grandma invites Naren to get his opinion on June marrying Chris, her boyfriend. At the airport, the three friends decide to go to Goa for a change and vow never to fall for girls anymore. However, once in Goa, they find three new girls.
- Ajay Devgn as Naren Ahuja / Cyrus Batliwala
- Emraan Hashmi as Abhay Suri
- Omi Vaidya as Milind Kelkar
- Tisca Chopra as Anushka "Anu" Narang
- Shruti Haasan as Nikki Narang
- Aditya Raj Kapoor as Harsh Narang
- Shraddha Das as Gungun Sarkar
- Shazahn Padamsee as June Pinto
- Rituparna Sengupta as Madhavi (Naren's ex-wife)
- Shweta Salve as Singer
- Mukesh Tiwari as Mr. Tiwari Special Appearance
- Manoj Joshi as Waiter at Restaurant Special Appearance
- Shikha Talsania as Aisha (Naren's assistant)
- Arun Kadam as the flower seller
- Sachin Parekh as Office colleague of Naren
- Girish Sahdev as Office colleague of Naren
- Daisy Irani as June's Nani
- Neha Pendse as Sangeeta Desai
- Sanjay Chhel as Himesh
- Sunny Nijar as Akash (cameo appearance at airport scene)
- Howard Rosemeyer as Jimmy
- Paresh Rawal as Narrator & Introducer
The film received positive response from critics upon release. At the box office, it grossed Rs.282.5 million in three weeks. The Indian theatrical rights was pre-sold at a reasonable price of 130 million. It collected around $250,000[vague] in the first weekend from all overseas circuits.
|Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji|
|Soundtrack album by Pritam|
|Released||23 December 2010|
|1.||"Abhi Kuch Dino Se"||Neelesh Misra||Mohit Chauhan||4:45|
|2.||"Beshuba Beshuba Hai Yakeen"||Sayeed Quadri||Kunal Ganjawala, Antara Mitra||4:30|
|3.||"Jadugari"||Sanjay Chhel||Kunal Ganjawala||4:56|
|4.||"Tere Bin Main Dekhu Na"||Kumaar||Sonu Nigam||5:17|
|5.||"Tere Bin Main Dekhu Na – (Reprise)"||Kumaar||Naresh Iyer||5:32|
|6.||"Yeh Dil Hai Nakhrewala"||Neelesh Misra||Shefali Alvares||4:33|
|7.||"Yeh Dil Hai Nakhrewala – 1"||Neelesh Misra||Antara Mitra||4:19|
|8.||"Tere Bin Main Dekhu Na – (Remix)"||Kumaar||Sonu Nigam||5:34|
- "Dil To Baccha Hai Ji". DT Cinemas. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
- "Box Office Earnings 18/02/10 – 24/02/11". Boxofficeindia.com. Archived from the original on 2 March 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-02.
- "Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji : Poster and First Look". Bollywood Hungama. 28 January 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- Now Bhandarkar set to direct a romcom – Hindustan Times
- Bhandarkar installs cameras at work – Times of India
- 'Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji' gets 'A' – The Times of India
- "Boxofficeindia.com". Boxofficeindia.com. 2 February 2010. Retrieved 2012-07-14.