|• Official||Hindi, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Dilshad Colony, also known as DC by its residents, is a large housing colony situated in East Delhi built mainly by private builders. A nearby colony named Dilshad Garden is primarily developed by the Delhi Development Authority (DDA).
It is situated at the border of Delhi and Ghaziabad. Though a new colony, it has picked up quite well. Under the Bhagidari Scheme of Delhi Govt, now well maintained roads and Sewer system have been installed. It is very well isolated from the Seema puri slums by boundary wall. Property prices have shot up here with same pace as the rest of Delhi. It is very well connected by Bus and Delhi Metro lines. It has New Seemapuri DTC depot adjoining it.
Nearby religious places
- Brahma Kumari Ishwariya Vishwavidyalaya, Dilshad Colony
- HOREB Orthodox church, Dilshad colony
- st. Francis of Assissi Syro Malabar Church, Dilshad Colony.
Banking and financial institutions
- State Bank of India, new seemapuri
- ICICI Bank
- corporation bank
- bank of india
- United Bank of India
- central bank of india
- bank of baroda
- axis bank
- HDFC bank
- muthoot finance ltd.
- pappachan muthoot ltd.
- indian post office, new seemapuri
- syndicate bank, new seemapuri bus depot
- Indian overseas bank, dilshad colony
- Allahabad Bank
Nusing home and hospitals
- Suraksha nursing home
- Kapoor nursing home
- Chowdhry Eye centre
- Karuna hospital
- DC charitable hospital
- Seema dental clinic, new seemapuri
- Shivam arogya kendra & ultrasound
- kalyan hospital
- J P MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
- BEST CARE
- Reliance fresh
- KB's Retail
- Reliance communication
- idea cellular ltd.
- Airtel relationship centre
- samsung store
- spice hotspot
- Nokia priority dealer
- Torino and raymond shop
- jain chappal store
- MTS STORE
- Mother dairy,Block F , Dilshad Colony
- Tony Electronics
- APNA BAZAR, F 40 DILSHAD COLONY
Marriage parks and community centre
- MCD Community centre
- Central park of dilshad colony
Schools and institutions
- New creations public school
- G P Public school
- capital public school
- Elite education academy
- St. Lawrence public school
- Government senior secondary school
- Narayana IIT-JEE Academy
- sikkim manipal university study centre
- Satyam education academy
- J.P CONSTRUCTION
Areas under dilshad colony
There are A, B, C, D, F, E & G blocks in a dilshad colony.
- About Block-E, It is the first commercial, residential and old building in dilshad colony; it is also known as express market. It is smallest part of the dilshad colony. Most of the shops are still empty due to unconditionable business criteria.
- About block-D, it is situated on the main road between border lines of Dilshad garden. In block-D there are some meat shops, cigarettes, confectionaries, property dealers, Home appliances, Banks and ATMs, medical shops.
- About Block-B is highly vast and dense in terms of population, it is also a most expensive block in a rathar area. Block-B has its own parking facilities and parking area around 200 four wheelers and 350 two wheelers is managed by autonomous body of MCD.
- About Block-A, it is an interior zonal part of Dilshad colony. Some blocks of dilshad colony are set up between the JJ colony. JJ colony is a slum area it is also a regional part of Dilshad colony. JJ colony recognises low castes people and refugees. JJ colony comprises several religions such as Bangladeshi Bengali Muslim, Punjabi bhaatras and Hindu chamar community. JJ colony famous for its dirty jobs in terms of house holds cleaners and collecting garbage from the houses.
- About Blocks F, C & G, these are the business centres of the dilshad colony most of amenities, traders, banking & financial institutions performed their business activities in this area. This area is under commercial as well as residential.
- Cycle rickshaw stand near suraksha nursing home
- Auto rickshaw stand near ICICI bank, dilshad colony
- Phat-Phat sewa (old seemapuri to delhi shahdara metro station)
- DTC buses is available for all routes from DTC new seemapuri bus depot just 200metre walking distance from dilshad colony. One of DTC's many popular services is the issuance of bus passes of monthly duration. It also issues bus passes for half-yearly, quarterly and monthly basis. Apart from these bus passes it also issues Green Card Rs. 40 & Red Card Rs. 50 for a daily commuter which is a ticket valid for the whole day. DTC is very popular with its economical student bus passes. Student pass for DTC can be made for Rs. 100 and is valid for one month. This makes DTC a very viable option for students.
General Public All Route Pass (GL) Rs. 800/-(Non-AC) Rs. 1000/- (AC) Interstate (NCR) Passes Delhi - GGN Rs.1080/- Delhi - Bahadurgarh Rs. 920/- Delhi - Faribabd Rs. 1240/- Delhi - Ghaziabad Rs. 1280/- The pass seekers of all above categories are required to pay a sum of Rs. 15/- for ID Card. Pass holders have to purchase Rs 2 ticket on every interstate travel.
- Grameen sewa its running between new seelampur to anand vihar via jaffrabad, durgapuri, shahdara mood, ashok nagar, GTB janta flat, gagan cinema, sunder nagari, tahirpur, anand gram, some part of dilshad garden, leprosy colony, dilshad colony, new seemapuri bus depot, old seemapuri, dilshad garden metro station, surya nagar, ramprastha colony, anand vihar routes.
- kabaddi bazaar New seemapuri - It is a secondhand market, where you can buy and sell goods and services. This market was established in 1984. It was set up by some old age kabaddi walas. Today their children and nephews handle the business deals.
- Fish and chicken market New seemapuri - It is established since 1982, where you can buy different varieties of fish and chicken at very reasonable prices. Mostly workers and owners belongs to Muslim community
- Mangal bazaar and budhaa bazaar New seemapuri - It is a vegetable market it holds every Tuesday and Thursday of every week, it is also known as weekly market.
- Vegetable market and fruit market New seemapuri - It is permanent vegetable and fruit market it holds every day. This type of market mainly known as 'MANDI' permanent market.
- "Delhi Transport Corporation". Retrieved 20 Sep 2012.