From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- An element of nature never seen before and assumed not to exist is represented synthetically.
- The same element is discovered to actually exist in nature entirely without human intervention.
|Synthetic element||Date of synthesis||Date of discovery||Natural Element|
|The horn structure on Dim from A Bug's Life, clearly not modeled after any rhinoceros beetle known at that time to exist.||1998||2006||Megaceras briansaltini|
|The concept of a saber-toothed squirrel, represented by Scrat in Ice Age. According to director Chris Wedge, artist Peter de Seve came up with the design for Scrat after a visit to the Museum of Natural History[disambiguation needed]. Wedge called it "sort of a squirrel based on some lemur."||2002||2011||Cronopio dentiacutus, a dryolestoid that highly resembled the saber-toothed squirrel|
|The velociraptors in the movie Jurassic Park (which were actually based on Deinonychus) were larger than any dromaeosaurid known at the time.||1992||1993||Utahraptor ostrommaysorum|
- Ratcliffe, B.C. (2007). "A remarkable new species of Megaceras from Peru (Scarabaeidae: Dynastinae: Oryctini). The "Dim Effect": Nature mimicking art". The Coleopterists Bulletin 61 (3): 463–7. As cited in Ratcliffe, B.C. (2007-01-01). "A remarkable new species of Megaceras from Peru (Scarabaeidae: Dynastinae: Oryctini). The "Dim Effect": Nature mimicking art".
- Wloszczyna, Susan (15 March 2002). "Scrounging, screeching Scrat is nutty hit of 'Ice Age'". USA Today. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Guillermo W. Rougier, Sebastián Apesteguía and Leandro C. Gaetano (2011). "Highly specialized mammalian skulls from the Late Cretaceous of South America". Nature 479: 98–102. doi:10.1038/nature10591. Supplementary information
- Chew, Kristina (4 November 2011). "Saber-Toothed Squirrel Skulls Found: Lived 100 Million Years Ago". Retrieved 6 November 2011.
|This filmmaking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This science article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|