Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School
|Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School|
|251 Stonehaven Road
Fall River, Massachusetts, Bristol County, 02720
|Type||Public High School|
|Color(s)||Black & Orange|
|Athletics conference||MIAA Mayflower League|
|Rivals||Greater New Bedford, Bishop Connolly, Bristol-Plymouth|
|Communities served||Fall River, Swansea, Westport, Somerset|
|Website||Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School|
Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School is a public vocational high school located in Fall River, Massachusetts. The high school serves a regional school district comprising the city of Fall River, and the surrounding towns of Somerset, Swansea and Westport. The school has an enrollment of over 1,400 students and offers vocational technical programs in 16 different programs, including Auto Body, Auto Mechanics, Carpentry, Culinary Arts, Dental Assisting, Drafting, Electricity, Electronics, Facilities Management, General Shop, Graphic Communications, Health Assisting, Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC), Machine Technology, Metal Fabrication & Welding, Office Technology, and Plumbing.
The school also includes the Diman Regional School of Practical Nursing, offering post-graduate education in the field of practical nursing.
The school was founded in Fall River as Diman Vocational School in 1912 by Reverend John Diman, an Episcopal minister who had previously started Diman School for Boys (later renamed St. George's School) in Newport, Rhode Island.
The Diman Regional Charter was established in 1963 to expand the area of the school's enrollment to include the surrounding towns of Somerset, Swansea and Westport, Massachusetts. The current campus on Stonehaven Road in Fall River opened in 1968.
Today Diman is known as one of the best Vocational schools in the United States. Recognized for its success in Skills USA competitions and outstanding programs.
After an almost 30 year hiatus, Diman re-introduced Football to the school in 2005. Diman's athletic teams compete at the Division 6 level of the MIAA and compete in the Mayflower League, which is the largest athletics conference in Massachusetts, with 18 schools. The Diman football team has won the Mayflower League championship against Bishop Connolly in 2013. The member schools of the Mayflower League are as listed below.
- Avon Middle-High School, Avon, MA
- Bishop Connolly High School, Fall River, MA
- Blue Hills Regional Technical High School, Canton, MA
- Bristol County Agricultural High School, Dighton, MA
- Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical High School, Taunton, MA
- Cape Cod Regional Technical High School, Harwich, MA
- Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Holbrook Jr/Sr High School, Holbrook, MA
- Nantucket High School, Nantucket, MA
- Norfolk County Agricultural High School, Walpole, MA
- Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School, Rochester, MA
- Sacred Heart High School, Kingston, MA
- Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School, Easton, MA
- South Shore Vocational Technical High School, Hanover, MA
- Tri-County Regional Vocational Technical High School, Franklin, MA
- Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical High School, Bourne, MA
- West Bridgewater High School, West Bridgewater, MA
- Westport High School, Westport, MA
- Martha's Vineyard Regional High School, Edgartown, MA
- Pope John Paul II High School, Hyannis, MA
- Chatham High School, Chatham, MA
- Harwich High School, Harwich, MA
- Provincetown High School, Provincetown, MA