Dimethylamine-corrinoid protein Co-methyltransferase
|Dimethylamine-corrinoid protein Co-methyltransferase|
|PDB structures||RCSB PDB PDBe PDBsum|
Dimethylamine-corrinoid protein Co-methyltransferase (EC 220.127.116.11, mtbB (gene), dimethylamine methyltransferase) is an enzyme with system name dimethylamine:5-hydroxybenzimidazolylcobamide Co-methyltransferase. This enzyme catalyses the following chemical reaction
- dimethylamine + [Co(I) dimethylamine-specific corrinoid protein] [methyl-Co(III) dimethylamine-specific corrinoid protein] + methylamine
This enzyme is involved in methanogenesis from dimethylamine.
- Wassenaar, R.W., Keltjens, J.T., van der Drift, C. and Vogels, G.D. (1998). "Purification and characterization of dimethylamine:5-hydroxybenzimidazolyl-cobamide methyltransferase from Methanosarcina barkeri Fusaro". Eur. J. Biochem. 253: 692–697. doi:10.1046/j.1432-1327.1998.2530692.x. PMID 9654067.
- Ferguson, D.J., Jr., Gorlatova, N., Grahame, D.A. and Krzycki, J.A. (2000). "Reconstitution of dimethylamine:coenzyme M methyl transfer with a discrete corrinoid protein and two methyltransferases purified from Methanosarcina barkeri". J. Biol. Chem. 275: 29053–29060. doi:10.1074/jbc.m910218199. PMID 10852929.
- Krzycki, J.A. (2004). "Function of genetically encoded pyrrolysine in corrinoid-dependent methylamine methyltransferases". Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 8: 484–491. doi:10.1016/j.cbpa.2004.08.012. PMID 15450490.
- Dimethylamine---corrinoid protein Co-methyltransferase at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)