April 17, 1985 |
Nouméa, New Caledonia
|Height||181 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (14 st 0 lb)|
|Position||Wing, Fullback, Second-row|
|As of 3 November 2009|
Dimitri Pelo (born April 17, 1985 in Nouméa, New Caledonia) is a French professional rugby league player for Canberra Raiders in the NRL He has previously played for Montpellier Herault RC after switching codes in 2010 & for the Catalans Dragons club of Europe's Super League competition. His usual position is Wing, but he can also play at Fullback.
Pelo, born in New Caledonia (the overseas territory of France) emigrated to Australia with his parents while still in his adolescence, originally settling in the north-eastern state of Queensland. While living here Pelo began playing junior rugby league catching the eye of Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks scouts whom signed him to the Sydney club for several years.
While at the Sharks Pelo went on to represent the Australian Schoolboys team but he could not make his way into the Sharks first grade side; instead being relegated to the reserves and lower competitions.
During the 2005 season Pelo was called up by French national team along with fellow clubman Daniel Dumas; during this time his contract with the Cronulla club expired and he left the club. Pelo then moved back to Queensland originally signing a short term deal with the Burleigh Bears club in the Queensland Cup in the hope of securing a longer term deal with the Gold Coast Titans in the NRL.
During the end of the 2006 season the Gold Coast club displayed interest in Pelo selecting him in several early trial matches and a sevens competition but ultimately he was unsuccessful in securing any deal with the club so began to look abroad.
For the beginning of the 2007 season Pelo signed a deal with the French club Catalans Dragons.
His trial successfully earned him a one year contract with the Raiders. He made his debut in the Round 12 36-18 defeat by South Sydney Rabbitohs on the 12th May 2012.
- 1999-2001: Played for Queensland Juniors
- 2001: Signed with the Bull Dogs
- 2002: Represented Australian School Boys
- 2002-2004: Played for Burleigh Bears – Queensland Cup
- 2003: Represented France – Mediterranean Cup - 4 appearances, 1 try
- 2004-2006: Played for reserves Cronulla Sharks
- 2005: Represented France – Rugby Sevens Cup - 4 appearances, 2 tries
- 2006: Played for Burleigh Bears (Gold Coast Titans Reserves)
- 2007- 2010: Played for Catalan Dragons (Super League)
- 2007- 12 appearances, 5 tries
- 2008- 20 appearances, 10 tries
- 2009 -24 appearances, 17 tries
- 2010- 17 appearances, 4 tries
- 2008- (play offs) 2 tries
- 2009 – (play offs) 3 tries
- 2008- carnegie challenge cup – 4 appearances, 1 try
- 2009- carnegie challenge cup – 5 appearances, 2 tries
- 2010- carnegie challenge cup - 6 appearances, 2 tries
- 2008: Represented France – World Cup - 2 appearances
- 2009: Represented France – 4 Nations - 2 appearances
- 2010- 2011: Played for Montpellier MHR (top 14 rugby union) - 9 appearances, 5 tries
- Amlin challenge cup- 5 appearances, 2 tries
- 2012: Played for Canberra Raiders (NRL) - 1 appearance
Career playing statistics
Point scoring summary
Point scoring summary
- "France dominated by Dragons". Sky Sports. 2008-08-07. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "France name official squad". RLWC2008. 2008-09-24. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- "Pelo released by Dragons". Sky Sports. 2010-08-18.
- Dimitri Pelo Official profile (in French)
- Dimitri Pelo Super League profile
- Dimitri Pelo playing history
- Players to watch - Dimitri Pelo (France)