||This article has an unclear citation style. (January 2013)|
Balen ning Dinalupihan
|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
|• Mayor||Joel Jaime P. Payumo (Liberal)|
|• Vice Mayor||Leonardo E. Cruz (Liberal)|
|• Total||92.52 km2 (35.72 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||1st class|
Dinalupihan is a first class municipality in the province of Bataan, Philippines. It is the only land-locked municipality of the province. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 97,275 people. It has a total land area of 9,252.73 hectares representing 6.69% of the total land area of Bataan.
Dinalupihan is accessible via the Bataan Provincial Expressway, off Exit 5.
"Dinalupijan" came from the festival rights of "Aeta" pygmies. To commemorate their idol "Idianalo", the goddess of hunting and bountiful harvest."Indianalo" was paired with the Sanskrit word "jann", meaning paradise. Indianlopijann was the name given to the land that the "Aetas" received from their goddess which translates to Indianolo's paradise.
The name "Dinalupihan" means "empty lands", coming from the Spanish terms din, a, and lupia. It referred to the fact that it failed to produce little revenue while it was an estate of the Archdiocese of Manila during the second half of the 18th century.
Municipal government and politics
Pursuant to the Local government in the Philippines", the political seat of the municipal government is located at the Municipal Town Hall. In the History of the Philippines (1521–1898), the Gobernadorcillo is the Chief Executive who holds office in the Presidencia. During the American rule (1898–1946) (History of the Philippines (1898-1946)), the elected Mayor and local officials, including the appointed ones hold office at the Municipal Town Hall. The legislative and executive departments perform their functions in the Sangguniang Bayan (Session Hall) and Municipal Trial Court, respectively, and are located in the Town Hall.
Sangguniang Bayan Members are: Hon. Leony Cruz, Hon. Emy Lubag, Hon. Igi Catli, Hon. Tong Santos, Hon. Ricardo De Ausen, Hon. Ponsing Manalili, ABC Armando Buniag, Hon. Martin Tongol, Hon. Maning Inza Cruz, Hon. Arnold Soriano and SK Ernest Estanislao.
Dinalupihan is politically subdivided into 46 barangays.
- Bonifacio (Pob.)
- Burgos (Pob.)
- Daang Bago
- Del Pilar (Pob.)
- Gen. Luna (Pob.)
- Gomez (Pob.)
- Happy Valley
- Mabini Proper (Pob.)
- Mabini Ext. (Pob.)
- New San Jose
- Old San Jose
- Padre Dandan (Pob.)
- Rizal (Pob.)
- Roxas (Pob.)
- San Benito
- San Isidro (Pob.)
- San Pablo (Bulate)
- San Ramon
- San Simon
- Santo Niño
- Sapang Balas
- Torres Bugauen (Pob.)
- Zamora (Pob.)
- Jose C. Payumo, Jr.
|Population census of Dinalupihan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- Gary David - PBA multi-awarded player
- Jackie Rice - Filipina actress who won the title of Ultimate Female Survivor on the third season of Startstruck.
- Felicito Payumo - Chairman of the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority from 1998-2004.
Dinalupihan's interesting points, landmarks and festivals, are:
- Battle of Bataan, Layac Junction marker
- WWII First Line of Defense Memorial (Battle of Bataan - Battle of Layac Junction, January 6, 1942)
- 38th Infantry Division (United States) marker, Layac Junction
- Roosevelt Park is the location shooting of Enchanted Garden
- Town Hall
- Bataan Peninsula State University, Dinalupihan campus
- Bataan Peninsula Medical Center
- 1960 Saint John Academy
- Glorrieta, open auditorium, grandstand, Park and Plaza
- Dinalupihan Civic Center
- Memorial, Monument of Dinalupihan heroes (Marcela Rodriguez)
- Heaven's Garden Memorial Park
- Dinalupihan Memorial Park
- Mt. Malasimbo - Barangay Pita
- Tubig Festival, June 24
- La Vercons Bakeshop, San Ramon, Dinalupihan
St. John the Baptist Parish Church
St. John the Baptist Parish Church (Poblacion, Dinalupihan) belongs to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Balanga (Dioecesis Balangensis) Suffragan of San Fernando, Pampanga Created: March 17, 1975. Canonically Erected: November 7, 1975. Comprises the whole civil province of Bataan. Titular: St. Joseph, Husband of Mary, April 28. Bishop Most Reverend Ruperto Cruz Santos, DD).
Its Feast day is June 24. It is under the Vicariate of St. Peter of Verona I - Vicariate of Our Lady, Mirror of Justice. Its Parish Priest is Fr. Rene de Leon and assisted by Father Froilan Miguel and Fr. Josue V. Enero, under Parochial Vicar, Fr. Edgardo S. Sigua The Catholic population is about 25,438.
John the Baptist was an itinerant preacher and a major religious figure mentioned in the Canonical gospels and the Qur'an. He is described in the Gospel of Luke as a relative of Jesus who led a movement of baptism at the Jordan River. Some scholars maintain that he was influenced by the semi-ascetic Essenes, who expected an apocalypse and practiced rituals corresponding strongly with baptism, although there is no direct evidence to substantiate this. John is regarded as a prophet in Christianity, Islam, the Bahá'í Faith, and Mandaeism.
WWII First Line of Defense Memorial (Battle of Bataan - Battle of Layac Junction, January 6, 1942)
Roosevelt Park is the location shooting of Enchanted Garden
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Province: BATAAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Reyes, Jose. "Chief of Police, Former". History of Bataan 1.
- Jason (28 September 2009). "Dinalupihan History". Municipality of Dinalupihan. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Philippines : Gov.Ph : About the Philippines :". www.gov.ph. Retrieved 2009-03-28.
- The Local Government Code Of The Philippines - Chan Robles Virtual Law Library
- Key Officials
- Department of Tourism - The Philippines Ultimate Travel Guide for Tourist
- List of Catholic Dioceses in Asia | Asian Catholic Directory | Ucanews
- Diocese of Balanga
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dinalupihan, Bataan.|
- Website of Dinalupihan
- Dinalupihan Bataan General Information
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Dinalupihan, Bataan
|Olongapo (Zambales)||Floridablanca, Pampanga|