Dinghai (help·info) (Chinese: 定海区) is a district of Zhoushan City made of 128 islands in Zhejiang province, China. It is based on the larger northwestern half of Zhoushan Island, where it borders Putuo in the east. The district boundary meets that of Daishan County entirely on sea to the north. Its southwestern boundary intersects those of Ningpo City entirely on sea.
- District Seat: Changguo Sub-District
- Population: 464,184 as of November 1, 2010
- Area: 1,444 km² (568.8 km² terrestrial, 875.2 km² marine)
- Population Density: 816 pop. per km²
- Gross Domestic Product: 31 billion yuan as of 2011
- Per capita GDP: 66,784 yuan (approximately 10,740 US Dollars)
In addition to Zhoushan Main Island, other large islands include:
- Jintang (金塘)
- Cezi (册子)
- Changbai (长白)
- Changzhi (长峙)
- Banzhi (盘峙)
- Damao (大猫)
Dinghai District administratively consists of 6 sub-districts (街道), 7 towns (镇) and 3 townships (乡), which are listed below.
- Jiefang (解放街道)
- Changguo (昌国街道)
- Huannan (环南街道) merges the defunct townships of Panzhi (盘峙) and Damao (大猫).
- Chengdong (城东街道) is the defunct township of Yang'ao (洋岙).
- Yancang (盐仓街道) is the defunct township of Yancang (盐仓).
- Lincheng (临城街道) is made up of defunct town(ship)s of Lincheng (临城) and Changzhi (长峙).
- Jintang (金塘镇)is made up of defunct town(ship)s of Ligang (沥港), Shantan (山潭), Dafeng (大丰), and Liuhang (柳行).
- Baiquan (白泉镇) merges the defunct township of Gaoxie (皋泄).
- Cengang (岑港镇) merges defunct townships of Mamu (马目), and Yandun (烟墩).
- Ganlan (干缆镇): the second character is actually (石览), which cannot be input into computer.
- Xiaosha (小沙镇) merges the defunct township of Dasha (大沙).
- Ma'ao (马岙镇)
- Shuangqiao (双桥镇) is made up of defunct townships of Ziwei (紫微) and Shijiao (石礁).
- Beichan (北蝉乡)
- Cezi (册子乡)
- Changbai (长白乡)
- Official site (Chinese)