|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||DIC Entertainment
|Distributor||Cookie Jar Entertainment|
|Original channel||CBS (KEWLopolis)
|Original run||November 3, 2007 – December 6, 2008|
Dino Squad is an American animated television series that was produced by Nerd Studios and DIC Entertainment (Now Cookie Jar Entertainment) and aired on the KEWLopolis block on CBS from November 3, 2007 - September 12, 2009. Reruns of the show used to air in syndication as part of the Cookie Jar Kids Network block. The show now runs on Cookie Jar Toons. This show was the last series produced by DIC before Cookie Jar's acquisition of DIC. The show was about five teenagers, each with the power to turn into a respective dinosaur. They use this power to fight the villainous Victor Veloci, who is intent on returning the world to the age of dinosaurs by turning humans into new mutant dinosaurs and accelerating global warming.
Five teenagers, Roger, Max, Caruso, Fiona and Buzz, gain the power to turn into dinosaurs by getting covered in ooze that mutated their DNA on a school field trip. With the help of their mysterious science teacher, Ms. Moynihan (who is an anthropomorphic velociraptor), they learn to use their unique abilities to protect the planet from Victor Veloci. Victor is widely known as the head of company Raptor Dyne, but is also a 65 million-year-old anthropomorphic velociraptor. His secret identity is unknown to everyone except himself and the audience. His true plan is to turn everyone into dinosaurs and increase the climate to that of the Mesozoic era with the goal of returning the world to how it was when dinosaurs ruled. However, his plans always backfired and thus the return to the age of the dinosaurs was never meant to be. Dino Squad is set in Kittery Point, Maine. Season 2 episodes began airing online on August 4, 2008 before airing on CBS on September 13, 2008.
Dino Squad Members
- Ms. Moynihan (Joanne Moynihan) - A science teacher who's dino form is a Velociraptor. She can communicate telepathically with the teens.
- Max (Rolf Maxwell) - A hunky 18-year old high school senior in Ms. Moynihan's class. He is the team leader and captain of the football team. His Dino form is a Tyrannosaurus (however, his Tyrannosaurus form has three fingers, whereas a real Tyrannosaurus has two). Max is voiced by Ian Eli Lee.
- Caruso (Erwin Caruso) - A handsome high school senior in Ms. Moynihan's class. He is vain and obsessed with the idea of fame. He is obsessed with his "good looks". He can be a pain sometimes though as his selfishness and arrogance hurt the team. Though he did prove himself worthy to the squad in episode 23. In that same episode he is revealed to have created his own line of moisturizers. He also practices yoga. His Dino form is a Stegosaurus (although his dino form has five tail spikes and no beak, unlike the real Stegosaurus). Caruso is voiced by Benjamin Beck.
- Fiona (Fiona Flagstaff) - Another high school senior in Ms. Moynihan's class. She is the only girl on the Squad (with the exception of Ms. Moynihan), and has a penchant for fast things like rollerblades or race cars. Ironically what grosses out Fiona entices Buzz (bugs, insects, cockroaches,etc.). She is allergic to spider bites (watch episode Never Judge a Dinosaur by its cover). Fiona is the squad's resident mechanic and gear head, and is also a tomboy. Max and Buzz may have a crush on her, but she doesn't seem to notice. Her Dino form is a Spinosaurus. Fiona has a little sister called Terry. Fiona is voiced by Dana Donlan.
- Roger (Roger Blair) - Another high school senior in Ms. Moynihan's class. He is very smart and has a prankster streak. He is able to come up with gadgets even though his creations sometimes fail. Is somewhat arrogant like Caruso but helps the team when duty calls. He has a little brother named Mikey. His Dino form is a Styracosaurus (although unlike the real Styracosaurus, Roger's dino form has three horns like a Triceratops, which also appears on the show). Roger is voiced by Kelcey Watson.
- Buzz (Neil Buzmati) - Another high school senior in Ms. Moynihan's class. He is 17 going on 18, His name is same as buzz the mascot and is the youngest member. He's the "punk" kid, who is scared of his own shadow. Several times throughout the series, he also shows affection for small creatures traditionally considered "gross" in European culture, such as rats, snakes, cockroaches, and spiders. Buzz is anything but a coward when he is needed in action. His alternate form, a Pteranodon, is one of the two non-dinosaurs in the Dino Squad.
- Rump - The Dino Squad's mischievous pet dog. He can transform himself into a strange animal that looks like a hybrid between a pig and a horse. The Dino Squad has not yet determined the species of dinosaur his "dino form" is supposed to be (although since Ms. Moynihan never "taught" him how to control his transformations as she did the kids, it's likely his dino form is mostly canine and it bears a resemblance to Andrewsarchus). Rump usually gives Caruso a hard time from when he took his jacket in "The Beginning" as a stray dog, up until the episode "Runaway Ugly" when he ate Caruso's cupcake.
- Terri - Fiona's brainy little sister. At first she is jealous of Fiona. She appears in 3 episodes (A Mole Lotta Trouble, Wannabe, and Never Judge a Dinosaur by its Cover). Although she may be as intellectual as Roger, she has also exercised substandard judgment—Terri is voiced by Sarah Heinke
- Victor Veloci - A business magnate who owns Raptor Dyne. He wants to revert the world back to the way it was over 65 million years ago. His dino form is a Velociraptor. He and Ms. Moynihan were the only survivors of the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.
- Henchman - There are multiples of this character. In episode 23, Caruso dresses up as one to fake out Veloci's real henchmen.
List of Dino Squad episodes
Season 1: 2007-2008
|1||1||"The Beginning"||November 3, 2007|
|2||2||"Growth Potential"||November 5, 2007|
|3||3||"Tangled Web"||November 10, 2007|
|4||4||"T-Rex Formation"||November 12, 2007|
|5||5||"Who Let the Dog Out?"||November 19, 2007|
|6||6||"Bully-4-U"||November 23, 2007|
|7||7||"The Lost Wide Web"||November 27, 2007|
|8||8||"Headline Nuisance"||December 11, 2007|
|9||9||"Who'll Stop the Rain?"||December 15, 2007|
|10||10||"Zoom in on Zoom"||December 30, 2007|
|11||11||"A Mole Lotta Trouble"||January 20, 2008|
|12||12||"The Not so Great Outdoors"||April 15, 2008|
|13||13||"Pet Peeve"||May 20, 2008|
Season 2: 2008
|14||1||"The World According to Liam"||September 30, 2008|
|15||2||"Runaway Ugly"||October 6, 2008|
|16||3||"Attack of the Brain-A-Saurus"||October 14, 2008|
|17||4||"Wannabe"||October 21, 2008|
|18||5||"Fire and Ice"||November 14, 2008|
|19||6||"Never Judge a Dinosaur by its Cover"||November 17, 2008|
|20||7||"Easy Riders and Raging Dinos"||November 18, 2008|
|21||8||"Once Percent inspiration"||November 19, 2008|
|22||9||"Howa Lowa Can you Goa?"||November 20, 2008|
|23||10||"Scents and Scents Ability"||November 21, 2008|
|24||11||"I Think I Can't, I Think I Can't"||November 22, 2008|
|25||12||"Perseverance"||November 29, 2008|
|26||13||"The Trojan Dinosaur"||December 6, 2008|