From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Diogenes in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Diogenes (name)
- Diogenes of Sinope (412–323 BCE), the philosopher, better known as Diogenes the Cynic or simply Diogenes
- Diogenes (genus) is a genus of hermit crabs
In modern literature
- Diogenes (British magazine), a British satirical magazine published from 1853–1855
- Diogenes (journal) journal from the International Council of Philosophy and Humanistic Studies
- Diogenes Verlag, a Swiss publishing house
- The Diogenes Club, named after Diogenes of Sinope, co-founded by Sherlock Holmes' brother Mycroft
- Diogenes, an interstellar scout ship in Poul Anderson's The Entity
- Diogenes Small, fictional character created by Colin Dexter in the Inspector Morse series of books
- Diogenes Pendergast, fictional character from Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's Pendergast series of books
- Diogenes Teufelsdröckh, the fictional philosopher of Clothes Philosophy described in Thomas Carlyle's Sartor Resartus
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Diogenes.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.