September 21, 1991|
|Coached by||Sarah Fitz-Gerald|
|Highest ranking||No. 10 (December, 2012)|
|Current ranking||No. 12 (November, 2013)|
|World Open||QF (2011)|
|Last updated on: November, 2013.|
Dipika Pallikal is an Indian squash player. She is the first Indian woman to break into the top 10 in the WSA rankings. She won 3 WISPA tour titles in 2011 that saw her attain a career best ranking of 13. Later, she bettered that with a top 10 ranking in December 2012. She was runner up in the Tournament of Champions 2012 and reached the semifinals of Australian Open 2012. She won her sixth WSA title by winning the Meadowood Pharmacy Open on February 2013.
Dipika Pallikal, also known as Dipika Rebecca Pallikal was born on 21 September 1991 in a Malayali Syrian Christian family to Sanjiv and Susan Pallikal  from Kerala in Chennai, India. She played her first international tournament in London when she was in her sixth grade, and to date, she has won the German Open, Dutch Open, French Open, Australian Open, Scottish Open on the European Junior Squash Circuit.
Pallikal turned professional in 2006, but her career was filled with ups and downs initially. She became more consistent and started notching up winning performances after her brief training stint in Egypt in the beginning of 2011.
She clinched her first of three WISPA titles for 2011 in September by winning the Orange County Open in Irvine, California. She notched up her second in the United States with another WISPA tour event victory. The third came in Hong Kong in the Crocodile Challenge Cup in December 2011 and that took her to number 17 in world rankings. However it was her performance in the World Open that shot her into the limelight. She finished in the top eight. She claimed a ranking of 14 as a result of these victories in February 2012, surpassing the earlier best world ranking by an Indian - 27th by former national champion Misha Grewal in 1995.
In January 2012, she became the first Indian ever to reach the summit clash of a Silver event when she reached the final of the Tournament of Champions squash meet in New York. In August same year, she went one step further when she reached the semifinals of a gold event, the 2012 Australian Open, another first for an Indian.
Pallikal was an integral part of the Indian squash team that finished fifth in the 2012 Women's World Team Squash Championships. India, seeded tenth in the event, defeated higher ranked Netherlands and Ireland in the process. She defeated players like Madeline Perry in the tournament. Joshna Chinappa was another key player in the Indian line-up. In February 2013, She won her sixth WSA title of her career after outplaying Joey Chan of Hong Kong 11-9, 11-7, 11-4 in the final of the Meadowood Pharmacy Open in the Canadian city of Winnipeg.
In December 2012, she broke into the top 10 by achieving a career best of ranking of 10. She became the first Female Squash player to be conferred with the Arjuna Award, India's second highest sporting award in the year 2012.
Pallikal trains at the ICL-TNSRA Academy at Chennai under Cyrus Poncha and Major (rtd) S. Maniam. Her coach is the six time world champion, Sarah Fitz-Gerald to whom she attributes most of her recent success.
Following are the highlights of Pallikal's WISPA tour career.
|Macau Squash Open||2013||Winner|
|Meadowood Pharmacy Open||2013||Winner|
|Tournament of Champions||2012||Runner Up|
|Crocodile Challenge Cup||2011||Winner|
|Dread Sports Series||2011|
|Orange County Open||2011||Winner|
- "Dipika Pallikal is first Indian to break into top 10". The Indian Express. 2012-01-01.
- Mentioned in her twitter page https://twitter.com/DipikaPallikal
- "Local Sports News - Malayalee Dipika Pallikal wins in straight games to net sixth WSA title (Picture Album)". Ukmalayalee.com. 1991-09-21. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "India TV >> Dipika Pallikal, the hot girl of Indian squash". Indiatvnews.com. 1991-09-21. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "The Curious Case of Dipika Pallikal and Axis Bank | Biharprabha News". News.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Shown in the twitter page of the athlete https://twitter.com/DipikaPallikal
- "Pallikal wins three WISPA titles". jagran.com.
- "Profile at squashinfo.com". squashinfo.com.
- TOI (2012-01-26). "Dipika Pallikal storms into final of Tournament of Champions - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- "Dipika reaches Australian Open semifinal". worldsquash.org. 2012-08-17.
- "India finish fifth in World Team Squash". The Times of India. 2012-09-18.
- "India exit squash World Championships". sportal.co.in. 2012-11-16.
- "India upset Ireland in World Team Squash Championship". The Times of India. 2012-09-13.
- PTI Feb 4, 2013, 08.56PM IST (2013-02-04). "Dipika Pallikal wins Meadowood Pharmacy Open - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "Arjuna Awardees for 2012". Times of India. 2012-08-29.
- "Dipika triumphs". The Hindu. 2013-10-21. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "Cricket meets squash: Dinesh Karthik is engaged to Dipika Pallikal". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2 December 2013.