Direct corporate access
Direct Corporate Access (DCA) is part of the Faster Payments Service which provides a same day clearing payment service to UK member banks. Direct Corporate Access (DCA) will provide Banks' business customers with direct access to the Faster Payments Service (FPS) clearing service in a very similar way that Bacstel-IP provides access to BACS.
Direct Corporate Access only enables submission of files of payments, however as the central FPS processes payments individually, VocaLink the operators of DCA will split the files into individual instructions for processing through FPS.
- DCA is available for file submission 7 days a week 24 hours a day (from September 2011).
- Sterling payments only
- Maximum individual payment value is £100,000
- Payments submitted in files via the Secure-IP channel
- Beneficiaries must use FPS addressable sort code 
- DCA users must be sponsored by their bankers (however only Barclays offering sponsorship in the first instance).
Files of payments submitted by Secure-IP will be disaggregated by VocaLink, the operators of DCA, and submitted into the Faster Payments Service. Disaggregation and acceptance may take up to 30 minutes and beneficiaries will receive access to the funds within 2 hours of acceptance.
The software used to access Secure-IP must be approved. This is an extension to the existing Bacs Approved Software Service (BASS). In March 2009 Albany Software and Bottomline Technologies Europe Ltd received approved status for their first DCA capable products. They were joined in May 2009 by Barron McCann. In 2010 they were joined by Direct Debit Ltd and Experian. In 2011 they were joined by Fundtech.
Bureau organisations can submit files of payments on behalf of other registered Service Users of Direct Corporate Access.
The Bureau needs to be sponsored by a DCA enabled Bank (initially only Barclays) and to use a Bureau/DCA version of the approved Bacs Approved Software Service (BASS) software.
The Bureau's sponsor bank issues PKI certificates for authorising files in the form of a smart card or Hardware Security Module (HSM). The same PKI certificates can be used to authorise Bacs file submissions via Bacstel-IP.
File submissions can only be made on behalf Service Users of a DCA enabled Bank (initially only Barclays).
- Bureau can only submit for their clients who are sponsored by Barclays.
- Royal Bank of Scotland (including National Westminster and Coutts Banks) and HSBC offer Faster Payments via their electronic banking channels (Bankline and HSBC.Net).