Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development
This article is part of a series on the
The Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development or DG AGRI is a Directorate-General of the European Commission. The DG AGRI is responsible for the European Union policy area of agriculture and rural development. The work of the DG AGRI is closely linked with the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP).
The Director-General (as of October 2010) is José Silva Rodríguez. The Director-General is under the authority of the European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, currently (as of November 2014) Phil Hogan.
The mission statement of DG Agri is closely linked to the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP). The DG's current concrete concerns include :
- Managing and developing the CAP
- Reinforcing rural development policy as the "second pillar of the CAP"
- Safeguarding the European model of agriculture
- Conducting the enlargement process
|This section requires expansion. (June 2008)|
The Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development has a staff of about 1000 people.
|This section requires expansion. (August 2010)|
- A: International Affairs I, (in particular WTO negotiations)
- B: International Affairs II, (in particular enlargement)
- C: Economics of Agricultural Markets and single CMO
- D: Direct Support, Market Measures, Promotion
- E: Rural Development Programmes I
- F: Rural Development Programmes II (SAPARD)
- G: Horizontal Aspects of Rural Development
- H: Sustainability and quality of agriculture and rural development
- I: Internal Resource Management
- J: Audit of Agricultural Expenditure
- K: Relations with other Institutions; Communication and Documentation
- L: Economic Analyses, Perspectives and Evaluation
- M: Agricultural Legislation
- Common Agricultural Policy
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council (Council of the European Union)
- European Parliament Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development
|This article about a forestry agency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|