Gummy worm dirt cake
|Place of origin:|
|Sandwich cookies, pudding or cream cheese, gummy candy|
|Recipes at Wikibooks:|
|Media at Wikimedia Commons:|
Dirt cake is a general term for several American cake recipes that utilize sandwich cookies and pudding in combination with other ingredients to create desserts that have a dirty look. The simple dessert is made by combining crushed Oreo cookies on top of chocolate pudding or cream cheese, and adding gummy candy worms on top. Variations include vanilla wafers, vanilla pudding, and cream cheese pudding in the recipe.
- Hartel, Richard & AnnaKate (2008). Food Bites: The Science of the Foods We Eat. Copernicus Books - Springer Science + Business Media, LLC. p. 79. ISBN 978-0-387-75844-2.
- Kathy Charner Dirt Cake The giant encyclopedia of preschool activities for four-year-olds] page 545
- Richard W. Hartel, AnnaKate Hartel Food Bites: The Science of the Foods We Eat page 79
- Arlene Voski Avakian Through the kitchen window: women explore the intimate meanings of food and cooking Editor Arlene Voski Avakian, Publisher Berg Publishers, 2006 ISBN 1-84520-326-7, ISBN 978-1-84520-326-9 315 pages, page 61
- Example recipe: A Three Year Old's Dream: Dirt Cake from Mindy's Mouthful
|This dessert-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|