Disappears in 2011. Left to right: Carruesco, Shelley, Case, and Van Herik
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Associated acts||90 Day Men, Sonic Youth|
Jonathan Van Herik
|Past members||Graeme Gibson
The band was formed by Brian Case (ex-90 Day Men) and Graeme Gibson and fleshed out with guitarist Jonathan Van Herik and drummer Damon Carruesco. They played Pitchfork Music Festival in 2009. In 2010 their debut album Lux was released on Kranky Records. After their second album Guider was released in 2011, Steve Shelley of Sonic Youth joined the band and the band went on tour through the US and Europe.
Shelley left the group in 2012, citing touring scheduling conflicts. He was replaced by Noah Leger (Electric Hawk, Anatomy of Habit).
- DIS001, 2008 7"
- DIS002, 2008 7"
- Live Over the Rainbo
- Lux, 2010, Kranky
- Guider, 2011, Kranky
- Live at Echo Canyon, 2012
- Pre Language, 2012, Kranky
- A New House in a New Town, 2013 12"
- Kone, 2013 12"
- Era, 2013, Kranky
- Irreal, 2015, Kranky
Sources & References
- "Articles: Pitchfork Music Festival 2009: Friday and Saturday | Features". Pitchfork. 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- Also from Thomas Michalski (2011-01-26). "Disappears Add Sonic Youth’s Steve Shelley, Press Forward". Expressmilwaukee.com. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "Disappears releasing 'Guider' (MP3), playing shows (now with Steve Shelley on drums) - 2011 tour dates". Brooklynvegan.com. 2010-12-21. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- Warwick, Kevin. "Gossip Wolf: Steve Shelley disappears from Disappears | Gossip Wolf". Chicago Reader. Retrieved 2013-09-12.