|Genres||Melodic death metal, progressive metal|
|Associated acts||Soilwork, Nightrage, 5 Star Grave, The Stranded|
|Past members||Mirco Andreis
Benny Bianco Chinto
Disarmonia Mundi is a melodic death metal band from Avigliana, Italy that started out as a progressive death metal band. After Benny Bianco Chinto left the band it featured Soilwork's vocalist Björn "Speed" Strid for two albums. After releasing two albums under Scarlet Records, they have signed to Italy-based Coroner Records.
- 1 History
- 2 Band members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Videography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Early years and Nebularium
Disarmonia Mundi was founded by Ettore Rigotti in 2000. The band would initially go through several line-up changes but would successfully record their debut album, Nebularium. The album was completely self-produced by Ettore in his home studio. The response to the album allowed the band to sign a contract with Self for Italian distribution and with Cd-Maximum for distribution in Russia. Line-up problems would prevent live performances to support Nebularium and in turn would slow down the process of recording the forthcoming album.
New members, label and Fragments of D-Generation
The only people remaining from the former line-up, Ettore Rigotti and Mirco Andreis, would be joined by newcomer Claudio Ravinale. The resulting promo would help Disarmonia Mundi attain a recording contract with Scarlet Records.
Ettore got in contact with Soilwork front man Björn "Speed" Strid. What started out as a "guest appearance" on the forthcoming album, Fragments of D-Generation would turn into Strid joining the band. The release of Fragments of D-Generation would generate several positive feedback. The band would follow up the success by shooting a video at Cinecittà's studio for the song "Red Clouds". While Strid would go back to working on Soilwork's Stabbing the Drama, Ettore and Claudio would begin composing the music and lyrics for their third album.
Mirco departs and Mind Tricks
While Ettore and Claudio worked on the new record, Mirco decided to leave the band to concentrate on other interests. The remaining members tracked most of the new album in three weeks. The band remained a duo for the recording of Mind Tricks while recording with Strid again on vocals, splitting them equally between Claudio with Ettore contributing clean vocals as well. During the recording, ex-member Mirco shot a video for the band's single "Celestial Furnace".
The Isolation Game
The new album entitled, The Isolation Game, was released December 9, 2009. Strid recorded guest vocals on seven songs, vocalist Antony Hämäläinen and guitarist Olof Mörck both of Nightrage performed guests on two songs.
On 12 November 2008 the band released new information on their MySpace: "We have finished the pre-production of our forthcoming fourth album entitled "The Isolation Game" scheduled for an early spring release. News about the label for this album will be revealed very soon." The label would later be revealed as Coroner Records; a new record label based out of Italy. The recordings took place at Ettore Rigotti's "The Metal House" studios in Italy. Björn "Speed" Strid (Soilwork, Terror 2000) recorded vocals for "a few songs" on The Isolation Game. Much like MindTricks, The Isolation Game features more singing from Ettore and Claudio. Upon its release, The Isolation Game received positive, if lukewarm reviews, with one critic commenting "however great an example of Swedish-style melodic death metal this is, it doesn’t do anything that we haven’t heard before"
Prior to the release of The Isolation Game, Disarmonia Mundi released a remastered edition of their debut album, Nebularium, in double disc packaging, with the second disc containing six songs that were b-sides to album recording sessions. The second disc is called The Restless Memoirs EP. The re-release package was put out by Coroner Records on 26 June 2009.
On 10 November 2011 Ettore and Claudio announced on the Myspace page of Disarmonia Mundi that they had formed a new band with Neroargento and Elliot, called The Stranded.
- Ettore Rigotti − guitars, drums, bass guitar, keyboards, clean vocals
- Claudio Ravinale − unclean vocals, lyrics
- Mirco Andreis − bass guitar
- Benny Bianco Chinto − vocals
- Simone Palermiti − guitar
- Federico Cagliero − guitar
- Nebularium + The Restless Memoirs (EP, 2009)
- "Perdition Haze" (single, 2009)
- Princess Ghibli (split, 2011)
- Princess Ghibli 2 (split, 2012)
- "Red Clouds" from Fragments of D-Generation
- "Celestial Furnace" from Mind Tricks, available for viewing on the official Disarmonia Mundi website
- "DISARMONIA MUNDI: second album to include appearance by SOILWORK singer". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-07-21.
- "SOILWORK Frontman Working On New DISARMONIA MUNDI Album". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-07-21.
- "Album Review - Disarmonia Mundi - Fragments of a D-Generation - RevelationZ Magazine". Revelationz.net. 2010-12-10. Retrieved 2011-07-21.
- "SOILWORK Frontman: 'I Have More Faith In This Band Than Ever'". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-07-21.
- "Interview of: Bjorn "Speed" Strid - Soilwork". PyroMusic.net. Retrieved 2011-07-21.
- "album review". Onemetal.com. Retrieved 2011-07-21.