|The Disco Biscuits|
The Disco Biscuits performing at Red Rocks Amphitheatre 2010
|Origin||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Genres||Trance fusion, livetronica, jam band|
|Labels||Independent Label Group/Diamond Riggs|
|Past members||Sam Altman|
The Disco Biscuits formed at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia in 1995.
Diamond Riggs Studios
After purchasing the former Old City Philadelphia studio space of DJ Jazzy Jeff in 2006, the band found themselves with an abundance of resources, and came to find out that there are a lot of local musicians that needed a place to congregate and work. In part, this helped launch the unique collaborations that made up the Planet Anthem sessions.
Camp Bisco is an electronic and jam band music festival, hosted and centered around The Disco Biscuits at Indian Lookout Country Club in upstate New York. The Disco Biscuits launched Camp Bisco in 1999 with the idea of combining sets by electronic DJs with improvisational rock bands at a time when both the jam band and electronic dance music scenes were taking off in their own rights. The two scenes overlapped at a certain juncture via bands like Sound Tribe Sector Nine (STS9) and the Disco Biscuits. Camp Bisco has since expanded to include indie rockers and hip-hop artists. Acts such as Skrillex, Bassnectar, Amon Tobin and Big Gigantic performed at the 11th annual festival in July 2012.
The Disco Biscuits (tDB) are involved in a number of charities. At Camp Bisco they host a food drive with Strangers Helping Strangers each year to help the Duanesburg-Florida Baptist Church Food Pantry located right near the venue at Indian Lookout Country Club. Additionally, tDB support the efforts of HeadCount, of which Marc Brownstein is a Director.
- Encephalous Crime (self-released, 1996)
- Uncivilized Area (1998)
- Bisco Lives (2000)
- They Missed the Perfume (2001)
- Bisco Lives 2: Freedom Boulevard (2002)
- Señor Boombox (2002)
- Trance Fusion Radio Broadcast Vol. 1-4 (2003)
- Under the Influence: A Jam Band Tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd (2004)
- The Wind at Four to Fly (2006)
- Rocket 3 (2006)
- On Time EP (2009)
- Widgets EP (2009)
- Planet Anthem (2010) US #157 Heatseekers #5
- Otherwise Law Abiding Citizens (2011)
- Live at the Palladium (2004)
- Camp Bisco IV (2005)
- Jam in the Dam (2006)
- Progressions (2007)
- Bisco Inferno 09/10 (2011)
- Allmusic biography
- Moon, Tom (August 24, 2001). "Playing 'trance fusion' The experimental and progressive Disco Biscuits will lead jam bands of a different sort into Wilmingon [sic]. The 'Bisco Knights' festival will be heavy on loops and techno sounds.". Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- "The Disco Biscuits". Best Buy Theater. 2012. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- "Disco Biscuits at 4th and B". Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- Official website
- History Lesson: Camp Bisco Through the Years
- About Camp Bisco 12 on russian