||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for films. (December 2013)|
|Directed by||Anurag Singh|
|Produced by||Rajiee M. Shinde
|Written by||Anurag Singh
|Music by||Jatinder Shah|
|Edited by||Manish More|
|PTC Motion Pictures|
|Running time||141 minutes|
Disco Singh is a 2014 Punjabi romance comedy film directed by Anurag Singh and starring Diljit Dosanjh and Surveen Chawla. This is the third collaboration between Singh and Dosanjh after the 2012 blockbuster Jatt and Juliet and the 2013 sequel Jatt & Juliet 2. The shooting of Disco Singh began on 19 November 2013 in New Delhi apparently. The film released on 11 April 2014 to excellent box office collections all over Punjab.
The story follows a singer named Lattu (Diljit Dosanjh) who is in love with Sweety(Surveen Chawla), a model. When don Bhupinder Singh(Manoj Pahwa) hires Lattu to perform at a wedding which Sweety also attends, a picture of the trio is captured by a spy who was hired by Bhupinder's wife Pammi(Upasna Singh) who suspects he is having an affair. When the news of Bhupinder cheating on his wife with Sweety is published in the newspaper, Bhupinder tells Pammi that in fact Sweety is Lattu's girlfriend as he was also captured in the photo. Bhupinder's henchmen kidnap Lattu and Bhupinder tells him to pretend to be Sweety's boyfriend for the time being, in order to make his wife's suspicion go away. Whilst pretending, Sweety and Lattu enter a real relationship which soon enrages Bhupinder who decides to take matters into his own hands, leading to a hilarious climax! The Plot is somewhat inspired from the 2009 Govinda Starrer Hindi Comedy Do Knot Disturb. 
- Diljit Dosanjh as Lattu Singh
- Surveen Chawla as Sweety
- Manoj Pahwa as Bhaji Bhupinder Singh
- Upasna Singh as Pammi
- Prem Chopra as Papaji
- B.N. Sharma as Ikki
- Karamjit Anmol as Baai
- Apoorva Arora as Priya who is Bhaji Bhupinder Singh's Daughter
- Rana Ranbir as Director
- Chandan Prabhakar
- Kartik Babu as CID officer
According to Box Office India, Disco Singh has been overwhelmingly successful. In its first week in theatres, it grossed over Rs. 7 crore, making it the biggest Punjabi film ever in terms of opening numbers.
Fans of Disco Singh (aka Diljit) stormed movie theatres across the Punjab to see the film, and celebrated the movie, its soundtrack and its atmosphere to the fullest.
As of this writing figures on Worldwide Box Office receipts are not yet available.
Social Media hype helped spurn the movie's popularity abroad, as songs from the movie received mass exposure and many hits on YouTube. The movie also trended on Facebook.
- "Here comes Diljit Donsajh with his next 'Disco Singh'". CinePunjab. 19 November 2013.
- "DISCO SINGH (12A)". Urban Vibez Entertainment. British Board of Film Classification. 10 April 2014. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- "Diljit, Surveen in Anurag Singh’s ‘Disco Singh’". Punjabi Mania. 1 December 2013.
- "Disco Singh Punjabi Movie". Punjabiportal. Retrieved 13 Mar 2014.
- Disco Singh on Punjabiportal.com
- Disco Singh at CinePunjab.com
- Disco Singh First Look At http://aapnapollywood.com
- Disco Singh at Punjabiportal.com
- Disco Singh at Punjabigrooves.com
|This article about a Punjabi film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|