|Industry||Independent Tire Retailer|
|Founded||Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States (1960)|
|Headquarters||Scottsdale, Arizona, United States|
|Number of locations||Over 875 Stores, In 28 States (Dec 2013)|
|Key people||Bruce Halle, founder
Thomas P Englert, CEO
Gary VanBrundt, Vice Chairman
Christian Rowe, CFO
The company was founded in 1960 when Bruce T. Halle rented a building on Stadium Boulevard in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Halle is an alumnus of Eastern Michigan University, where the library is named after him.
The company's outlets are branded as America's Tire Company in Oregon, Vancouver, Washington, and California (except for San Diego County, where it is known as Southern California Discount Tire Company). On Nov. 30, 2013 the company reported the opening of its newest store in Hanover Park, Illinois, bringing the total store count to 879 across 28 states. The company's television ads still feature a ten-second clip first filmed and used in 1975, in which a "little old lady" tosses a tire through a storefront window. This ad has made the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest continuously-running television ad.
- Discount Tire Adds Store in Illinois. Retrieved January 1, 2014
- Discount Tire Opens Tire Store In Hanover Park, Illinois. Retrieved January 1, 2014
- Discount Tire on Forbes. Retrieved January 1, 2014
- "How to Apply." Discount Tire Company. Retrieved on May 31, 2010.
- "10,000 Discount Tire Employees Live on Kronos for Retail". Business Wire. 17 January 2005. Retrieved 3 August 2010.
- Library "Halle Library". Halle Bio. emich.edu. Retrieved 18 June 2011.
- "Guinness World Record" (Press release). Discount Tire Company. Archived from the original on April 12, 2005. Retrieved December 12, 2012.
- "Classic Discount Tire Commercial Earns Guinness World Record for Longest Running TV Commercial and Makes It into the 50th Anniversary Book". Business Wire. 12 October 2004. Retrieved 3 August 2010.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|