Discovery Channel Romania
|Discovery Channel Romania|
|Owned by||Discovery Networks EMEA|
|Audience share||0.7% (Dec 2008, )|
|Broadcast area||Romania and Moldova|
|UPC Romania||Channel 301 (digital with DVR)
Channel 41 (digital)
Discovery Channel Romania is a television targeting Romania.
The dedicated channel for Romania was launched in 2006. At the same time Discovery Networks Europe opened a local office in Bucharest. Prior to this, Romania had received a Pan-Regional feed of the Discovery Channel.
The channel adopted the new Discovery logo on July 1, 2009 along with its sister channels in Central Europe.
- Deadliest Catch
- Dr. G: Medical Examiner
- How It's Made
- Man vs. Wild
- One Way Out
- American Chopper
Discovery Networks also broadcasts Animal Planet Romania to Romania. In addition, the Pan-Regional channels Discovery Science, Discovery World, Discovery Travel & Living, Investigation Discovery and Discovery HD are available in the country.
- "ARMA 2008_12" (PDF). ARMA.[dead link]
- "Discovery Channel Romania versus National Geographic Romania". AdPlayers.ro. July 24, 2006. Archived from the original on 2011-01-01.
- "Discovery are planuri mari pentru Romania". Săptămâna Financiară. November 16, 2007. Archived from the original on 2011-01-01.
- [dead link][dead link]
- "Discovery Channel se rebranduieste". Standard.ro. June 4, 2009. Archived from the original on 2011-01-01.
- Discovery investeste in brand si vrea mai multi bani din publicitate
- Katarzyna Kieli, general manager Discovery Networks Central Europe: Piata de cablu si satelit s-a dezvoltat in ciuda crizei
- Discovery Channel investeste intr-o grila localizata pentru Romania