||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (May 2013)|
|Owned by||Discovery Communications|
|Airtel Digital TV
|Sun Direct DTH
|Cignal Digital TV
|TV Vlaanderen Digitaal
|OSN (Middle East
& North Africa)
|Bright House Networks||Channel 1340|
|iO Digital Cable Service
|channel varies from location to location|
|Time Warner Cable
The international Discovery HD (now Discovery HD World in Asia-Pacific markets) first launched in Korea on February 2005 as a programming block. In December 2005, Discovery HD Japan and Discovery HD Canada (since renamed Discovery World HD) launched as 24-hour channels, becoming the 100th and 101st Discovery networks overall. After this, Discovery HD expanded into other markets as follows:
- February 2006 in Germany and Austria on the Sky Germany satellite platform.(Closed November 29, 2012 and was replaced by an HD-simulcast of Discovery Channel Germany.)
- May 2006 in the United Kingdom and Ireland on Sky Digital with the launch of the Sky+ HD service.
- October 2006 in Poland on the n platform and the Netherlands.
- November 1, 2006 in the Nordic countries when Canal Digital launched their HD package in Sweden, with Denmark, Finland and Norway following in 2007.
- January 18, 2007 in Singapore on the StarHub TV platform 
- January 31, 2008 in Hong Kong on now TV.
- 2008 in Russia on NTV Plus.
- March 1, 2009 in South Korea on Skylife
- April 1, 2009 in Czech Republic on Sky Link as Discovery HD Showcase
- June 2008 in Australia on Foxtel HD+ and Turkey on HD-Smart.
- May 2009 in Philippines on SkyCable
- July 2009 in Italy on Sky Italia
- December 2009 in Southern Africa on DStv 
- February 2010 in the Arab World on Orbit Showtime
- February 2010 in India as Discovery HD World India.
- March 5, 2010 in India on Sun Direct DTH
- April 1, 2010 in the United Kingdom on Virgin Media.
- June 2, 2010 in Portugal on Zon as Discovery HD Showcase.
- September 1, 2010 in Romania on UPC Romania DVB-C as Discovery HD Showcase
- September 6, 2010 in Portugal on Cabovisão DVB-C as Discovery HD Showcase
- December 4, 2012 in Brazil as Discovery Channel HD, like the USA channel he simulcasts the main Discovery Channel SD feed, but airs high-definition versions of programming when available.
- December 14, 2012 in Bosnia and Herzegovina on Logosoft as Discovery HD Showcase
- June 2, 2014 in Flanders (Belgium) as Discovery Channel HD, replacing Discovery HD Showcase. Although not officially announced, it will probably be a HD simulcast of the SD feed.
The first American HD Discovery channel has the name Velocity and launched in June 2002.
A second Discovery HD channel, called 'Discovery Channel HD', was launched in the USA on Dish Network the week of August 13, 2007. This new channel simulcasts the main Discovery Channel feed, but airs high-definition versions of programming when available. It is also available on DirecTV and various U.S. cable operators along with fellow sister high definition version networks TLC, Animal Planet, and Science Channel. 
- CASBAA Member News http://www.casbaa.com/media-and-resources/news-center/members-news/355-discovery-hd-rebrands-to-discovery-hd-world
- Discovery Communications announces 100th network milestone
- Discovery HD launches in Singapore
- Discovery World now on DStv
- "Virgin Media customers to get Discovery HD channel and more HD programmes on demand". Virgin Media. 2010-02-10.
- "Novidade: Discovery HD Showcase". Telesatelite.net. 2010-06-03.
- Discovery aposta em HD e Galisteu para a grade de 2013
- Dish Network available HD programming