Discovery Park (Hong Kong)
Discovery Park (Chinese: 愉景新城) is a residential development in Hong Kong, located at 398 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan in the New Territories. The whole estate including the residential flats and the shopping centre spans over 2,700,000 square feet (250,000 m2).
Phases of development
- Phase 1 - Block 1 to 4 (completed in May 1997)
- Phase 2 - Block 5 to 8 (completed in January 1998)
- Phase 3 - Block 8 to 12 (completed in May 1998)
There are a total of 3360 units with unit size ranged from 593 sq ft (55.1 m2). to 848 sq ft (78.8 m2). The development has a shopping centre, a clubhouse of 40,000 sq ft (3,700 m2)., a swimming pool of 8,000 sq ft (740 m2). tennis courts, golf putting green, sauna rooms, carpark, etc. The price of development was considered attractive to small families, as most of the estates in the vicinity were relatively old constructions.
The first phase of the development was launched amid the property bubble in 1997, and units were subject of many speculators' interest. The intensity spilled over to properties in neighbouring estates in Sham Tseng and Castle Peak, and stimulated a three-fold increase in transactions in the area in September compared with the month before, according to Centaline, Hong Kong's leading real estate agency chain.
The 630,000 sq ft (59,000 m2). shopping centre was conceived as a mixture of shopping mall and park. It is considered as the first of its kind as a "Shopping Park". The shopping centre is themed as a tropical rain forest, an artificial waterfall and pillars decorated by big fruits were made. The roof of the main lobby is a stained glass dome which allows penetratration of natural daylight.
Above the Discovery Park bus terminus is the Tsuen King Circuit Indoor Recreation Centre. Tsuen Wan Police District Headquarters and Divisional Station is opposite to the estate, between them is Tsuen King Circuit.
Geographical coordinates: 
Route 9 extension
On February 8, 2007, the section of Route 9 linking Chai Wan Kok and Shek Wai Kok was opened. This section passes through the reserved area of the shopping mall building. Since then, more convenience can be enjoyed in driving between Tuen Mun Road and Shing Mun Tunnel.
Five-minute walk from to Tsuen Wan MTR Station in the air-conditioned walkway which links from the estate.
As it is located at the side of Castle Peak Road, there are numerous bus routes with stops at Discovery Park.
Tsuen Wan (Discovery Park) Bus Terminus
- 42M to Cheung Wang Estate
- 243M to Mayfair Gardens
- A31 to Airport
- E31 to Tung Chung (Yat Tung)
- N31 to Airport (Overnight service)
- 930 to Wan Chai Ferry Pier
Discovery Park bus stop - Tsuen King Circuit
- 30 Allway Gardens - Cheung Sha Wan
- 30X Allway Gardens - Whampoa Garden
- 39M Allway Gardens - Tsuen Wan MTR Station (Circular)
- 230X Allway Gardens to Whampoa Garden (Single-way, morning peak hours service)
Discovery Park bus stop - Castle Peak Road
- 30X Allway Gardens - Whampoa Garden
- 34M Bayview Garden - Tsuen Wan MTR Station (Circular)
- 39M Allway Allway Gardens - Tsuen Wan MTR Station (Circular)
- 53 Yuen Long (East) - Tsuen Wan Nina Tower
- 57M Shan King - Lai King North
- 58M Leung King - Kwai Fong MTR Station
- 59A Tuen Mun Pier Head - Sham Shui Po (Yen Chow Street)
- 59M Tuen Mun Ferry Pier - Tsuen Wan MTR Station
- 59S Tuen Mun Ferry Pier - Mong Kok (Sai Yeung Choi Street) (Morning peak hours service)
- 60M Tuen Mun Central - Tsuen Wan MTR Station
- 61M Yau Oi South - Lai King North
- 66 Tai Hing - Sham Shui Po (Yen Chow Street)
- 66M Tai Hing - Tsuen Wan MTR Station
- 66P Tai Hing - Tsuen Wan MTR Station (Peak hours service)
- 67M Siu Hong Court - Kwai Fong MTR Station
- 68A Long Ping Estate - Tsing Yi AR Station
- 68M Yuen Long West - Tsuen Wan MTR Station
- 69M Tin Shui - Kwai Fong MTR Station
- 234A Sea Crest Villa - Tsuen Wan West Station
- 234B Sea Crest Villa - Tsuen Wan West Station
- 251M Kam Sheung Road WR Station - Tsing Yi AR Station
- 259E Lung Mun Oasis -> Tsuen Wan MTR Station (Morning peak hours service)
- 260C Sam Sing - Kwai Fong MTR Station (Peak hours service)
- 263M Fu Tai Estate - Tsing Yi AR Station
- 265M Tin Heng Estate - Lai Yiu
- 265P Tin Yan Estate - Lai Yiu (Morning peak hours service)
- 269M Tin Shui Wai Town Centre - Cho Yiu
- 868 Tuen Mun Central - Sha Tin Racecourse (for horseracing days only)
- N260 Tuen Mun Pier Head - Mei Foo (Overnight service)
- N269 Tin Tsz - Mei Foo (Overnight service)
- "Clubhouse website by the Hong Kong Resort Company Limited".
- 愉景新城旋風惠及深井一帶, Centaline Holdings, September 18, 1996 (Chinese)
- "Shopping mall website by the Hong Kong Resort Company Limited".
- Dopod Naviguide, Accessed 2007-05-04
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Discovery Park, Hong Kong.|