|Key people||Carmen , Suman|
Dish Home is only DTH provider of Nepal operated by Dish Media Network Pvt. Ltd. Dish Home was formed on 2010 after the merger of two DTH providers namely Home TV and Dish Nepal. By the end of first quarter 2013, Dish Home crosses 200,000 subscriber mark. As of May, 2014 Dish Home has total 85 television Channels and Services including some HD channels.
Dish Home uses MPEG-4 with DVB S2 digital compression technology, transmitting HD Channels and SD Channels in Ku-Band on Intelsat 906 at 64.2°E. Dish Home relays on CAS from Verimatrix and Latens. Their STBs are provisioned by SandMartin and Arion. Its primary competitors are cable television and other DTH service providers from India and China.
On 17 July 2013 afternoon Dish Home has been forced to shut down its transmission due to termination of its contract by the Hong Kong based PCCW Global, distributors of Intelsat for Nepal. After the service interruption from Intelsat 906, Dish Home manage to transmit its channels via Yamal 402 at 54.9°E and requested customer to change the direction of their dish antenna to get the service. On 19 July 2013 Dish Home manage to switch back its service through Intelsat 906.
- "Home TV and Dish Nepal merged". www.ktm2day.com.
- "Nepal´s DTH provider Dish media crosses 200000 subscriber mark". nextvasia.com.
- Intelsat 906 at 64.2°E.LyngSat. Retrieved on 2013-12-08.
- Dish Home´s DTH service disrupted due to satellite switchover. Retrieved on 2013-12-13.
- Dish Home service goes off air‚ two lakh subscribers hit. The Himalayan Times. Retrieved on 2013-12-13.