"Sab Par Dish Sawaar Hai"
|Type||Public (BSE: 532839)|
|Area served||India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nepal|
|Key people||R. C. Venkateish
|Products||Direct-broadcast satellite, Pay television, Pay-per-view|
|Revenue||20.28 billion (US$310 million) (2012)|
|Parent||Zee Network Enterprise (owned by Essel Group)|
|Subsidiaries||Management Services Limited (ISMSL), Agrani Convergence Limited (ACL), Agrani Satellite Services Limited (ASSL)|
Dish TV (stylised as dishtv), is an Indian direct-broadcast satellite service provider. It is a division of Zee Network Enterprise (Essel Group Venture). It was ranked # 437 and # 5 on the list of media companies in Fortune India 500 roster of India’s largest corporations in 2011. It uses MPEG-2 digital compression technology, transmitting using NSS-6 Satellite at 95.0. Dish TV's managing director and Head Of Business is Jawahar Goel who is also the promoter of Essel Group and is also the President of Indian Broadcasting Foundation. Zee Network incorporated dishtv to modernize television (TV) viewing. It provides features such as Electronic Programme Guide (EPG), parental lock, games, 400+ channels and services, interactive TV and movies on demand. Its primary competitors are Tata Sky, Airtel digital TV, Videocon d2h and cable television providers.
DTH service was launched in India back in 2004 with the launch of Dish TV by Essel Group's Zee Entertainment Enterprises.
Dish TV was the only DTH service provider in India to carry the two Turner channels: Turner Classic Movies and Boomerang. But, both the channels were removed from its platform due to unknown reasons in March 2009. In October 2010 Dish TV added the long awaited Neo Sports and Neo Cricket on its platform
Dish TV uses NSS-6 to broadcast its programmes. NSS-6 was launched on 17 December 2002 by European-based satellite provider, NewSkies. Dish TV hopped on to NSS-6 from an INSAT satellite in July 2004. The change in the satellite was made to increase the channel offering as NSS 6 offered more transponder capacity. However, Dish TV booked additional transponders on the new AsiaSat 5 satellite for starting its MPEG-4 based HD services. Dish TV is currently using 4 transponders on Asiasat 5.
Dish TV launched its high definition service called Dish truHD in the year 2010. With this service, subscribers can enjoy 5X picture clarity on their HDTV, a 16:9 wide aspect ratio and 5.1 surround sound.
- FY 2011 Network 18
- TV contact 8520941444gies-exit-list/ "Dish TV makes it to Fortune India 500, 4 biggies exit list". MxM India. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "DishTV India — First DTH TV, Satellite TV, Digital Picture and DTH Services in India". Dishtv.in. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Dish Sawaar Hai — DISHTV new brand commercial". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- TV contact 8520941444rect-knowledge "Tata Sky plans to raise Rs 2000 crore via IPO". EconomicTimes.IndiaTimes.com. 31 October 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- "Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge> Airtel Digital TV adds 0.6 mn subs in Q1". Indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Official website
- Official DishtruHD Plus website
- Official Dishplus Website
- Latest DishTV Updates
- DishtV WebSite For Internation Customers
Unofficial website forums