|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
Screenshot of Diskeeper 2011 Pro Premier
|Stable release||2012 (16.0.1017.0) (October 26, 2012citation needed]) [±][|
|Platform||IA-32, x64 and Itanium|
Originally, Diskeeper was developed for the VAX series of minicomputers and later for Microsoft Windows. The defragmentation program which is included with Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 is based on a basic version of Diskeeper.
In addition to resolving file system fragmentation, Diskeeper also prevents fragmentation before it happens by optimizing the process of data being written to disk. Diskeeper can also defragment files on-the-fly, using only idle system resources as needed.
Another feature in Diskeeper is I-FAAST, or Intelligent File Access Acceleration Sequencing Technology. I-FAAST determines the frequency of file usage and the most frequently used files are then moved to the best portion of the disc. According to Diskeeper, this results in faster file access and also helps prevent future fragmentation of those files. The I-FAAST feature is available in Professional, Pro Premier and Server editions.
There are six versions available: Home, Professional, Pro Premier, HomeServer, Server, and EnterpriseServer. Diskeeper Administrator is also available to manage Diskeeper options as well as perform advanced installations. Version 10 was the last version available for Windows 9x. After version 10, Diskeeper versions follow the year based naming convention, that is, 2007, 2008 and so on.
|This section requires expansion. (December 2010)|
Diskeeper 2009 won Editor's Best Gold award and Community's Choice Bronze award for best system utility of 2009 from Windows IT Pro. Diskeeper 2010 however, only managed to achieve Editor's Best Bronze award for best system utility of 2010.
- File system fragmentation
- Comparison of defragmentation software
- List of defragmentation software
- "Diskeeper Professional: Tech Specs & Resource Requirements". Condusiv.com. Condusiv Technologies. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Diskeeper Server: Technical Specifications & System Requirements". Condusiv.com. Condusiv Technologies. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Disk Defragmenter Limitations in Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 (Revision 5.3)". Microsoft Support. Microsoft Corporation. 24 January 2007. Retrieved 5 November 2007. "The Disk Defragmenter tool is based on the full retail version of Diskeeper by Executive Software International, Inc."
- "Inside Diskeeper 2010 with IntelliWrite" (PDF). Condusiv Technologies. 3 November 2009. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- "InvisiTasking Technology: Computer Optimization & More". Condusiv.com. Condusiv Technologies. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- "Fragmentation prevention technology". Condusiv.com. Condusiv Technologies. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- "2009 Windows IT Pro Editors' Best and Community Choice Awards". Windows IT Pro (Penton Media, Inc). 19 November 2010. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- "2010 Windows IT Pro Editors' Best and Community Choice Awards". Windows IT Pro (Penton Media, Inc). 22 November 2010. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- Brooks, Jason (10 February 2010). "REVIEW: Diskeeper 2010 Keeps Disk Defrags to a Minimum". eWeek. Ziff Davis Enterprise Holdings, Inc. Retrieved 30 December 2010.