|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
|Genres||Gothic metal Dark metal|
The history of Dismal Euphony began in 1992 in Stavanger (Norway) by bassist Ole K. Helgesen and drummer Kristoffer Vold Austrheim under the name "The Headless Children", a cover band of Slayer and Kreator. A year later singer Erik Borgen and guitarist Kenneth Bergsagel joined the group.
They changed the name in "Carnal Tomb", then Borgen left the band and Helgesen became the singer/bassist with the female voice of Linn Achre Tveit (Keltziva). Elin Overskott joined the band as a keyboardplayer.
This was the first line-up of "Dismal Euphony", officially formed in 1995. In the same year, the group composed the demo "Spellbound". After this publication, they were signed by Napalm Records . Here they produced other albums like Soria Moria Slott, Autumn Leaves - The Rebellion of Tides and the Lady Ablaze-EP (which already features Anja Natasha as female singer).
Their last album is Python Zero. After this release the band split up.
- Anja Natasha - Vocals
- Ole K. Helgesen - Vocals/Bass
- Frode Clausen - Guitars
- Kristoffer Vold AKA Austrheim - Drums
- Svenn-Aksel Henriksen - Keyboards
- Erik Borgen (1993, Vocals)
- Kenneth Bergsagel (1993-? Guitars)
- Linn Achre Tveit AKA Keltziva (1994–1998, Vocals)
- Elin Overskott (1994–1998, Keyboards)
- Dag Achre Tveit AKA Boreas (?, Bass)
- Erlend Caspersen (2001, bass)
- Spellbound (Demo, 1995)
- Dismal Euphony (Single, 1996)
- Soria Moria Slott (Full-length, 1996)
- Autumn Leaves - The Rebellion of Tides (Full-length, 1997)
- All Little Devils (Full-length, 1999)
- Lady Ablaze (EP, 2000)
- Python Zero (Full-length, 2001)