Disney's All-Star Music Resort
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (November 2011)|
|Disney's All-Star Music Resort|
|Location||Animal Kingdom Resort Area|
|Resort type||Value Resort|
|Opened||November 22, 1994|
|Areas||Calypso, Jazz Inn, Rock Inn, Country Fair, Broadway Hotel|
Disney's All-Star Music Resort is a resort that is part of the Walt Disney World Resort. The best of all the Value resorts. It is one of five resorts in the Value Resort category, along with Disney's All-Star Sports Resort, Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, Disney's Pop Century Resort and Disney's Art of Animation Resort. The resort is located on the southern portion of the Walt Disney World Resort property near Disney's Animal Kingdom. Disney's All-Star Music Resort is a 1,604-room hotel featuring giant icons that that pay homage to classic music genres—including Broadway show tunes, calypso, country, jazz and rock n' roll. Disney's All-Star Music Resort was the first Disney Value Resort with family suites. As a characteristic with all Disney Value resorts, the resort features a music theme with giant novelty items such as guitars, trumpets, and drums. The resort is designated in the Florida Green Lodging Program.
The ground breaking for the All Star Resort complex was in November 1992. The architect of the resort was Arquitectonica of Miami. All Star Music was the second All Star Resort to open after Disney's All-Star Sports Resort. Calypso was the first building to open on November 22, 1994, and Broadway was the last to open on February 17, 1995. The resort opened on November 22, 1994.
Each of the All Star Resorts has 1920 rooms except for the All Star Music. These rooms are slightly smaller than the rooms at the moderate resorts with 260 square feet (24 m2). A typical room has two double beds, a small table with two chairs, television, nightstand, telephone, dresser, wall mirror, luggage rack, closet area, themed light fixtures, megaphones or stars, and a clock radio. The bathrooms have a single sink and mirror in a vanity area that is separate from the tub and toilet. A small key-operated wall safe is located in the closet area. In-room amenities include irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, wall safes and pizza delivery.
- Family Suites-Some of the standard rooms have been converted into to family suites that will sleep six people plus a crib. The new suites feature a kitchenette with microwave and two full bathrooms. The master bedroom has a queen size bed, desk and television. The main sitting area has a television and a sofa that opens into a double bed and a chair with ottoman that converts into two single beds. There are a total of 192 family suites.
Dining and Shopping
- Intermission Food Court- a music themed area selling American cuisine and deli style market items. Located inside Melody Hall, the Intermission Food Court serves omelets, pancakes, French toast, pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads, burgers, burritos, ice cream and bakery items. The food court is decorated with murals of iconic musicians and seats 500 people.
- Singing Spirits Pool Bar- poolside bar serving specialty drinks, wine, beer and spirits located at the Calypso Pool
- Pizza Delivery- pizza, sandwiches, salad, dessert and beverages are available in the evening for delivery to guest rooms
- Maestro Mickey's- gift shop located inside Melody Hall that offers a range of items from Disney souvenirs to Disney's All-Star Music themed clothing. The store also has grocery section that sells items including snacks, liquor, drinks and sundries
- Melody Hall- the main building that houses the front desk and Guest Services, the Intermission Food Court, Note’able Games Arcade and the gift shop named Maestro Mickey’s
The resort consists of ten individual buildings, divided into five pairs. Each building is three stories tall and the rooms all open to the exterior hallways. The buildings have exterior and interior decor to match their names. The music theme extends to the wallpaper, pictures, and bedspreads in the guest rooms. Each pair has a separate musical theme: calypso music, jazz, rock, Broadway shows, and country music.
- Broadway- silhouettes of top hats and canes decorate the buildings. A Beauty and The Beast Marquee is present.
- Calypso- conga drums cover the stairwells. Guests pass under a colorful xylophone "bridge" as they enter this area where a set of three story tall maracas greet guests. It is also the location of the Calypso Pool.
- Country Fair- a pair of three story cowboy boots greets guests. Buildings are adorned with large fiddles, banjos and bolo ties.
- Jazz Inn- a giant drum set welcomes guests. Saxophones and clarinets adorn the buildings with silhouettes of musicians edging the roof.
Recreation and Amenities
- Calypso Pool- the main pool and shaped like a guitar. In the middle there are three Caballeros shooting water. The kiddie pool makes up the head stock of the guitar. This is the largest pool at all of the All Star Resorts at 251,418 gallons.
- Piano Pool- smaller pool shaped like a grand piano with the deck as the keyboard that holds 106,036 gallons
- Jogging Trail- a 1.5 mile trail circles around Disney’s All Star Resort Complex
- Note’able Games Arcade- state-of-the-art video arcade located in Melody Hall adjacent to the Intermission food court
- Playground- located between Calypso and Jazz sections
Disney's All-Star Resorts are connected via bus to the various theme parks and activities located throughout the resort complex.
- "Green Lodging Program Designated Properties". Florida Department of Environmental Protection. Retrieved 2008-06-04.