Disney's Beach Club Resort
|Disney's Beach Club Resor|
|Location||Epcot Resort Area|
|Resort type||Deluxe Resort|
|Opened||November 19, 1990|
|Theme||Newport Beach Cottage|
Disney's Beach Club Resort is located in the Epcot Resort Area, next to a sister resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, and across Crescent Lake from Disney's BoardWalk Resort. Disney's Yacht and Beach Club resorts share amenities and resources with Disney's Beach Club Villas, including staff and management. Disney's Beach Club Resort is home to a 73,000 square feet (6,800 m2) convention center which is shared with Disney's Yacht Club Resort.
This hotel was designed by Robert A.M. Stern. It is themed after seaside cottages found in Newport at the start of the 20th century, with the guest rooms following suit. The resort's light blue motif distinguishes itself from the gray siding with red and white striped awnings of Disney's Yacht Club Resort.
Boat transportation from the resort runs to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios as well as Disney's BoardWalk Resort and the Walt Disney World Swan and Walt Disney World Dolphin resorts. The resort is about five minutes walking distance from Epcot, and roughly fifteen minutes walking distance to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Guests can use the International Gateway entrance to Epcot in World Showcase between the France and United Kingdom pavilions.
There are both standard rooms (two queen-size beds or one king-size bed) and suites. Some rooms also have a day bed in addition to 2 Queen beds or 1 King bed. The resort also offers a fifth floor Concierge Level with private floor access, a concierge lounge, turn-down service, and other amenities. The Concierge Level is home to the resort's Presidential Suite. All rooms were renovated in 2009.
- Cape May Cafe – A casual and character dining restaurant.
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop – A casual dining "diner-style" restaurant serving ice cream and "All-American" food.
- Hurricane Hanna's – A poolside counter service restaurant
- Stormalong Bay – The main pool complex at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club resorts that resembles a beach-side water park with its sand-bottom pools, a circular lazy river, waterfall, and the "Shipwreck", a large replica of a ship wreck with one of the highest resort water slides at Walt Disney World. The Stormalong Bay pool complex offers a poolside counter service restaurant and bar, a shallow area for children, and an elevated tanning deck. Stormalong Bay is centrally located between both the Beach Club Resort and the Yacht Club Resort, facing Crescent Lake.
- Quiet pools – The Beach Club Resort quiet pool and jacuzzi is located on the opposite far end of the resort, facing Crescent Lake in a similar garden area. Another pool is privately located in the Beach Club Villas building facing a smaller lake.
- Ship Shape Health Club
- Lafferty Place Arcade – An indoor arcade located near the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop.
- Sandcastle Club – The Sandcastle Club is a child drop off center.
- Beach – A white sand beach on Crescent Lake.
- Volleyball – A sandy lakeside volleyball court.
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center is centrally located between the two resorts and features over 73,000 square feet (6,800 m2) of meeting space, including two large ballrooms and twenty-one breakout rooms.
- "Robert A.M. Stern Architects – Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts". ramsa.com. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- "Green Lodging Program Designated Properties". Florida Department of Environmental Protection. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "Disney's Yacht Club Resort Map". Retrieved August 3, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Disney's Beach Club Resort.|
- Disney's Beach Club Resort official site