Disney's MyMagic+ consists of the following features:
- My Disney Experience mobile application and website
- Disney's MagicBand is a new waterproof RFID ticketing system
- Disney FastPass+ service which allows guests to reserve access to experiences
- PhotoPass Memory Maker allows guests to take unlimited photos while in the park, then download them within 45 days of picture taking.
My Disney Experience - WDW
After creating an online account with Disney, guests can use the My Disney Experience website or Mobile Application to view park operating hours, park maps, nearby attractions and entertainment, current wait times, make dining reservations, menus, and manage itineraries. Guests are required to link their MagicBand(s), park ticket(s), room key(s), and PhotoPass ID as applicable, to their My Disney Experience account.
Any and all above mentioned purchased and complementary features must be registered to the guests' account or the MagicBand will not work as intended, and they will not be able to unlock the ability to manage, make or change FastPass+ and dining reservations from the website or mobile application.
Disney's MagicBand is a new ticketing system for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. These waterproof plastic wristbands contain a short range RFID chip, which allows visitors to use them for the following functions:
- Hotel Room key, for guests staying at on-site Disney hotels
- Theme and water park ticket (with valid park admission and biometric validation)
- Food, Beverage, and Merchandise Payment (using linked credit card)
- FastPass+ distribution, redemption, and exchanges
- Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account
In addition the magic bands contain a 2.4ghz transmitter for longer range wireless communication which will be used to track the band' location within the Disney resort.
FastPass+ allows guests to reserve and plan a visit to a Disney Park in advance for select FastPass+ attractions, Character Greetings, entertainment, and viewing areas for parades and fireworks. The new system allows guests to make reservations up to 60 days in advance, and change at any time. FastPass+ is a reservation and scheduling system, unlike the old FastPass, which was virtual queuing concept. Additionally, guests are encouraged to reserve FastPass+ sections with their group and are allowed to change the groups FastPass+ reservation as an individual guest would.
Memory Maker allows guests to associate the pictures taken on attractions, dining, character meets, and entertainment locations with their MagicBand, Memory Maker card, or Disney PhotoPass card for 30 days. If the advanced purchase option was chosen, the guest must wait three days before associating photos with their account. Guests have a digital-only entitlement to the photos which enables them to download as many photos or all of the photos that were taken during their visit to the parks. Additionally, guests can print the pictures at their residence, at a retailer, or they can have the pictures printed and mailed to them for an additional charge. The guests have up to 45 days from the date the individual photo was taken to download the photo, after which the photo will expire.
- "Introducing a New Dimension of Disney Magic". Walt Disney World. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- "MagicBand Coming Soon". Walt Disney World. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- "Memory Maker". Walt Disney World. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- "Let My Disney Experience Be Your Guide". Walt Disney World. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- "MagicBand Coming Soon". Walt Disney World. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- "My Disney Experience Frequently Asked Questions". Walt Disney World. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- "Making FastPass+ Selections". Walt Disney World. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- "Get Everyone in the Picture with Memory Maker". Walt Disney World. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
|This Disney-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|