Disney's Wilderness Lodge
|Disney's Wilderness Lodge|
|Location||Magic Kingdom Resort Area|
|Resort type||Deluxe Resort|
|Opened||May 28, 1994|
|Suites||Honeymoon Suite, Yosemite Suite, Yellowstone Suite|
|The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge|
|Location||Magic Kingdom Resort Area|
|Resort type||Disney Vacation Club Resort|
|Opened||November 15, 2000|
Disney's Wilderness Lodge is a resort hotel located at the Walt Disney World Resort. It opened on May 28, 1994. The resort is owned and operated by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Disney's Wilderness Lodge is located in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area on Bay Lake. The resort is also located near Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. A similarly-themed resort, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, is located at the Disneyland Resort in California.
The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, a Disney Vacation Club Timeshare resort on the site, was announced in 1998,and the property first accepted guests in November 2000. The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge are adjacent to Disney's Wilderness Lodge, whose design is based on the National Park lodges of America's Pacific Northwest. The Vacation Club Villas are themed to the antecedent lodgings built by workers on the transcontinental railroad in the late 19th century, and contain an array of railroad memorabilia and artwork. The accommodations include Studio units with a kitchenette, as well as one and two-bedroom villas with a larger kitchen and living space.
This hotel was designed by Peter Dominick. It is themed with an atmosphere of the Pacific Northwest, and features both natural and Native American elements. The main building was modeled after the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone National Park. An artificial geyser and hot springs are located on the resort grounds.
- Dining: The resort has several dining options, including room service. The resort features quick snack eateries, including Roaring Fork Snacks, Territory Lounge, and Trout Pass. Guests staying on the 7th-floor Concierge level can access the Old Faithful Club, which offers continental breakfast, cheese and wine tastings, and beverages and snacks throughout the day. There are two main restaurants at the resort:
- Artist Point — Restaurant serving food prepared in the style of the American Northwest, featuring meals from Washington State, Oregon, and British Columbia. These include dinners such as cedar plank salmon, and grilled buffalo.
- Whispering Canyon Cafe — Restaurant geared primarily towards families with younger children.
- Shopping: The Wilderness Lodge contains one store named The Wilderness Lodge Mercantile, located in the main lobby of the resort. The store sells many Disney items available throughout the Walt Disney World Resort, as well as items specifically themed to the Pacific Northwest and the hotel itself. Since the addition of The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, the shop has begun selling limited grocery items as well. A Disney pin trading booth is located across the lobby from the store.
- Recreational travel: Teton Boat and Bike Rentals rents boats for guests to use on Bay Lake, and bikes to use on the trails around the resort.
- Stationary recreation: The Wilderness Lodge is based on an outdoor theme and has many different outdoor activities in conjunction with the Villas. There are two pools, the Silver Creek Springs and the Hidden Springs. Both offer "geyser" jets. There are also two spas on the property. Erupting every half hour near the Silver Creek Springs is the Disney-created Fire Rock Geyser, based on the famous Old Faithful. A kid's play area called the Cub's Den is located on the property, which allows potty-trained children from ages 3–12.
A game room called the Buttons and Bell Arcade contains an assortment of video games and pinball machines. This arcade can be found by the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile. Other activities on site include the white sand beach, Bay Lake, Sturdy Branches Health Club, a children's playground, watercraft rentals, catch-and-release fishing, in-room video rentals, and a mile-around jogging and bike trail.
- "Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort". WDWHistory. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- "Walt Disney World Resort - Disney's Wilderness Lodge". Official Disney Website. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- "Two Disney Resorts Receives Florida Green Lodging Designation". Florida Department of Environmental Protection. 2007-11-02. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- Official website , Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Official website , The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge