Disney's Wilderness Lodge
|Disney's Wilderness Lodge|
|Location||Magic Kingdom Resort Area|
|Resort type||Deluxe Resort|
|Opened||May 28, 1994|
|Suites||Honeymoon Suite, Yosemite Suite, Yellowstone Suite|
Disney's Wilderness Lodge is located in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area on Bay Lake. The resort is also located near Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Disney's Wilderness Lodge is home to The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, a Disney Vacation Club timeshare resort. A similarly-themed resort, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, is located at the Disneyland Resort in California.
This hotel was designed by Peter Dominick. It is themed with an atmosphere of the Pacific Northwest, and features both natural and Native American elements. The main building was modeled after the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone National Park. An artificial geyser and hot springs are located on the resort grounds.
The resort has several dining options, including room service. There are two main restaurants at the resort:
- Artist Point — Restaurant serving food prepared in the style of the American Northwest, featuring meals from Washington State, Oregon, and British Columbia. These include dinners such as cedar plank salmon, and grilled buffalo.
- Whispering Canyon Cafe — Restaurant geared primarily towards families with younger children.
The resort also features quick snack eateries, including Roaring Fork Snacks, Territory Lounge, and Trout Pass. Guests staying on the 7th-floor Concierge level can access the Old Faithful Club, which offers continental breakfast, cheese and wine tastings, and beverages and snacks throughout the day.
The Wilderness Lodge contains one store named The Wilderness Lodge Mercantile, located in the main lobby of the resort. The store sells many Disney items available throughout the Walt Disney World Resort, as well as items specifically themed to the Pacific Northwest and the hotel itself. Since the addition of The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, the shop has begun selling limited grocery items as well. A Disney pin trading booth is located across the lobby from the store.
Teton Boat and Bike Rentals rents boats for guests to use on Bay Lake, and bikes to use on the trails around the resort.
- "Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort". WDWHistory. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- "Walt Disney World Resort - Disney's Wilderness Lodge". Official Disney Website. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- "Two Disney Resorts Receives Florida Green Lodging Designation". Florida Department of Environmental Protection. 2007-11-02. Retrieved 2008-06-04.