Disney Channel (Netherlands & Flanders)
Netherlands & Flanders
|Launched||3 October 2009|
|Network||Disney-ABC Television Group|
|Owned by||The Walt Disney Company|
|Picture format||16:9 576i (SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.6% (2012, )|
|Slogan||Dat moet je meemaken!
(You have got to experience that!)
|Language||Dutch and English (Dual audio)|
|Sister channel(s)||Disney XD
|CanalDigitaal (dual audio)||Channel 38 or 66|
|UPC Netherlands (dual audio)||Channel 20 and analogue|
|Ziggo (dual audio)||Channel 16|
|Telenet (dual audio) (Flanders)||Channel 29 and analogue|
|Telenet (dual audio) (Brussels)||Channel 119|
|KPN Interactive TV (Netherlands)||Channel 19|
|Telfort Interactive TV (Netherlands)||Channel 19|
|XS4All Interactive TV (Netherlands)||Channel 19|
|Belgacom TV (dual audio) (Belgium)||Channel 133|
|UPC Horizon||Watch live (Netherlands only)|
Disney Channel Netherlands & Flanders (or sometimes Disney Channel Benelux, however this version is not broadcast in Wallonia and Luxembourg) is the Dutch edition of the Disney Channel, owned by the Walt Disney Company. All content is dubbed in Dutch except for the programs that are produced in the Netherlands or Flanders. There are two different versions with local advertisements.
The channel first launched on 3 October 2009 on UPC Netherlands. On 30 October 2009 it launched in Belgium on Telenet and Belgacom. On 22 June 2010 it was added to analog. In September 2011 the Playhouse Disney block became Disney Junior. On 1 September 2011 it launched on Ziggo. The channel was scheduled for a release on Caiway in October 2011, but that has been cancelled. In early 2012 hours were expanded and a new logo was adopted. On 16 August 2012 it launched on CanalDigitaal and TV Vlaanderen at Astra 23.5 East. In July 2013 subtitled programs were moved to late night. In September 2013 there was no schedule and in October 2013 subtitled programs were moved to the weekend nights. From 1 April 2014, Disney Channel broadcast only on operator Ziggo the animation series, sitcoms and movies with dual audio channels, with the English channel selected there are standard no Dutch subtitles, however in most cases they can activate Dutch subtitles with teletekstpage 888. There are some exceptions, Violetta is only broadcast in Dutch dubbing. The function is in test period, the function is available on 3 Juni 2014 at UPC.
Disney Channel, Disney XD 24 ours and Disney Junior become been available on 2 Juli 2014 at KPN Interactieve TV. And on 1 Juli 2014 on KPN subsidiary Telfort. On this operator is do NOT have dual audio channels. However is it currently unknow, on this date the English audio channel become also been available on Canal Digitaal.
- "Jaarrapport 2012". Stichting Kijk Onderzoek.
- Robert Briel (15 September 2009). "Disney Channel exclusive on UPC". Broadband TV News.
- Robert Briel (14 October 2009). "Disney Channel lands in Flanders". Broadband TV News.
- Jarco Kriek (22 August 2011). "Compleet aanbod Disney Channel vanaf 1 september bij Ziggo". Totaal TV.
- Jarco Kriek (29 April 2011). "Disney Channel voorlopig niet bij Caiway". Totaal TV.
- Jarco Kriek (16 August 2012). "Disney Channel start bij CanalDigitaal". Totaal TV.
- Disney. "Waarom zijn alle series op Disney Channel en Disney XD in het Nederlands gesproken?". Disney.
- Disney (unknow). "Waarom zijn alle series op Disney Channel en Disney XD in het Nederlands gesproken?". Disney.