Cover art of Disney Golf
|Developer(s)||T&E SOFT Inc.|
|Publisher(s)||Disney Interactive Co-Publisher
Disney Golf, known in Japan as Disney Golf Classics (ディズニーゴルフクラシック Dizunīgorufukurashikku), is a Disney sports game and the spiritual successor to another golf game called Swing Away Golf, themed with Disney characters. First shown at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in 2002, it was the fifth golf game to be made for the system. It was released by Disney Interactive in North America and Japan in 2002, and in Europe in 2005.
The game features eight characters to play as or against on a choice of six different courses. The six fictitious courses include American, Western, Mountain, Tropical, European, and the special Sky Course. Players can also earn tokens while on the links by achieving long putts, perfect swings, and chip-ins, which the tokens can be spent on one of 62 items. The game received generally mixed reviews from critics, receiving a 70.96% on Gamerankings.
In March 2002, A Japanese retailer reported that Capcom released pre-ordered information for the Japanese version of the game to ship to markets in Japan on May 30, 2002. Capcom stayed out of the character-based golf realm (presently dominated by Sony's Minna no Golf and Camelot's Mario Golf), but Disney golf would naturally have the cachet of its license to carry it. First shown to the US with little fanfare at the 2002 Electronic Entertainment Expo by Swing Away Golf parents T&E Soft, Disney Golf was aimed at light hearted sports fan looking for entertainment no matter their age and was the fifth golf game to be made for the PlayStation 2.
- Disney Golf - Credits - allgame
- "We'll admit that stranger things have happened. No, really, they have.". IGN. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- Varanini, Giancarlo. "A new golf game featuring Disney characters is coming to the PlayStation 2.". Gamespot. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- Dunham, Jeremy. "Hit the Tee with your favorite cartoon heroes.". IGN. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- Dunham, Jeremy. "We play through EA's kiddy country club with impressions and movies inside.". IGN. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- プレイステーション2 - ディズニーゴルフクラシック. Weekly Famitsu. No.915 Pt.2. Pg.92. 30 June 2006.