Disney Junior (Australia and New Zealand)
|Launched||5 December 2005|
|Owned by||The Walt Disney Company Australia|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||Where the Magic Begins|
|Broadcast area||Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands|
|Formerly called||Playhouse Disney (prior to 29 May 2011)|
|Sister channel(s)||Disney Channel
|SKY Network Television||Channel 105|
|Optus TV||Channel 709|
|Neighbourhood Cable||Channel 29|
Disney Junior is a 24-hour Australian cable and satellite channel available on Foxtel, Austar and Optus Television's subscription platforms. Since late-2005, Playhouse Disney Channel was launched on pay television provider Foxtel and its affiliates in Australia, but is only available on its digital service. SKY Network Television shows Playhouse Disney Channel in New Zealand. The channel is broadcast 24 hours a day, every day, showing most of the programs seen in the United States. Before Playhouse Disney Channel, Playhouse Disney was shown on Disney Channel Australia from about 9am to 3pm weekdays, and to 10am until when Foxtel came and made it to a full 24-hour channel. At 11:00 am 1 November 2007, the channel was added to TransACT. It was formerly available on SelecTV from September 2008 until the closure of its English service in late 2010. On 1 September 2009 the channel started broadcasting in 16:9 widescreen. The channel relaunched as Disney Junior on 29 May 2011.
- Alarcon, Camille (29 May 2011). News. "Disney makes new friends". B & T Weekly 54 (2546): 23. ISSN 1325-9210. Retrieved 15 May 2100.
- "TransACT launches Playhouse Disney on TransTV" (Press release). TransACT. 2007-11-01. Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- Shoebridge, Neil (15 September 2008). "WIN’s on to a winner as SelecTV ups service". The Australian Financial Review. p. 16. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- Chessell, James (20 August 2010). City Beat. "Bruce Gordon's SelecTV to make changes". The Australian. Retrieved 20 August 2010.
- Tim Addington. "Disney to launch Junior channel". B&T. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- Green, Dana (12 December 2011). "Disney to Introduce a Little Girl Princess, "Sofia the First," in Animated Series and Movie on Disney Channel and Disney Junior". DisneyChannelMediaNet. Retrieved 22 December 2011.