Disney Junior (Australia and New Zealand)
|Launched||5 December 2005|
|Owned by||Disney-ABC Television Group
(The Walt Disney Company)
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||Where the Magic Begins|
|Country||Australia, New Zealand|
|Broadcast area||Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands|
|Formerly called||Playhouse Disney (prior to 29 May 2011)|
|Sister channel(s)||Disney Channel|
|SKY Network Television||Channel 105|
|Optus TV||Channel 709|
|Neighbourhood Cable||Channel 29|
Disney Junior is a 24-hour Australian cable and satellite channel available on Foxtel, Austar and Optus Television's subscription platforms. Since late-2005, Playhouse Disney Channel was launched on pay television provider Foxtel and its affiliates in Australia, but is only available on its digital service. SKY Network Television shows Playhouse Disney Channel in New Zealand. The channel is broadcast 24 hours a day, every day, showing most of the programs seen in the United States. Before Playhouse Disney Channel, Playhouse Disney was shown on Disney Channel Australia from about 9am to 3pm weekdays, and to 10am until when Foxtel came and made it to a full 24-hour channel. At 11:00 am 1 November 2007, the channel was added to TransACT. It was formerly available on SelecTV from September 2008 until the closure of its English service in late 2010. On 1 September 2009 the channel started broadcasting in 16:9 widescreen. The channel relaunched as Disney Junior on 29 May 2011.
Disney Junior HD is currently in the works.
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates
- Disney Poetry Shorts
- Mickey Mousekersize
- Tales of Friendship with Winnie the Pooh
- Special Agent Oso
- Special Agent Oso: Three Healthy Steps
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Handy Manny
- Jungle Junction
- The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!
- Imagination Movers
- Aesop's Theatre
- Stella and Sam
- Disney Junior Animal Shuffle
- The Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa
- The Little Mermaid
- 101 Dalmatians: The Series
- Jungle Cubs
- Justin Time
- All for Kids
- Where Is Warehouse Mouse?
- Timmy Time
- Higglytown Heroes
- JoJo's Circus
- Willa's Wild Life
- Little Einsteins
- Chloe's Closet
- A Poem is
- The Wiggles
- Wiggle and Learn
- Dorothy the Dinosaur
- Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies
- Bo on the Go!
- Slim Pig
- Poppets Town
- Noddy in Toyland
- Clifford the Big Red Dog
- Odd Jobbers
- Guess How Much I Love You
- Animal Mechanicals
- Tati's Hotel
- Art Attack
- The Cooking Show
- Get Active
- Dance-a-Lot Robot
- Doc McStuffins
Upcoming Programs 
- Sofia the First (2 February 2013)
- 7D (TBA 2013)
- Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers (TBA 2013)
- Aladdin the series (TBA 2013)
- Ducktales (TBA 2013)
- Disney's House of Mouse (TBA 2013)
- Alarcon, Camille (29 May 2011). "Disney makes new friends". B & T Weekly 54 (2546): 23. ISSN 13259210. Retrieved 15 May 2100.
- "TransACT launches Playhouse Disney on TransTV" (Press release). TransACT. 2007-11-01. Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- Shoebridge, Neil (15 September 2008). "WIN’s on to a winner as SelecTV ups service". The Australian Financial Review. p. 16. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- Chessell, James (20 August 2010). "Bruce Gordon's SelecTV to make changes". The Australian. Retrieved 20 August 2010.
- "Disney to launch Junior channel". 'Tim Addington'. Retrieved 2011-03-30. Text "B&T " ignored (help)