Disney Magical World
|Disney Magical World|
North America cover art
Bandai Namco Games
|Release date(s)||JP August 1, 2013
NA April 11, 2014
EU October 24, 2014
Disney Magical World (ディズニー マジックキャッスル マイ・ハッピー・ライフ Dizunī Majikku Kyassuru: Mai Happī Raifu?, Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life) is a life simulation video game for the Nintendo 3DS. The game was released in Japan on August 1, 2013, in North America on April 11, 2014 and in Europe on October 24, 2014.
The game uses either a previously made Mii or newly made in-game character to complete quests in the town of Castleton. The game features various activities such as fishing, card collecting, gardening, making clothes and decorating the town's cafe, as well as making the food to be sold. When completing these activities, the player is awarded with stickers which act as a leveling up system, allowing the player to progress further in the game.
The game features 4 main plot lines: one in Cinderella's world, one in Wonderland, one in the Hundred Acre Wood and one in Agrabah. These can be done in any order and require the player to help the main characters of each world by battling ghosts in dungeons. The Cinderella world also allows players to attend balls, in which a rhythm-based style of game is played.
As well as this, numerous Disney characters and other non-playable characters will arrive in Castleton giving the player various quests which require the player to enter each of these worlds outside of the plot lines, and foraging for materials. As the player progresses through the story, more weapons and armor become available which must be made using the materials that the player finds in the various dungeons.
Disney Magical World has received mostly positive reviews, scoring 81/100 on Metacritic and 77.83% on GameRankings. Nintendo World Report awarded the game 8.5/10, praising the wide range of activities and gameplay but felt that the loading times interrupted the game's progress. Game Revolution gave it a 3 out of 5, saying while packed with characters and collectables, criticized the repetitive tasks and lack of a main attraction.
As of 31 March 2014, the game has shipped 500,000 copies.
- "ディズニー マジックキャッスル」が12万本で首位獲得。「KILLER IS DEAD」1万7000本，「MIND≒0」1万5000本の「ゲームソフト週間販売ランキング". 4Gamer. 7 August 2013. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- "ニンテンドー3DS用ソフト『ディズニー マジックキャッスル マイ・ハッピー・ライフ』の累計出荷本数が50万を突破". Yahoo! Japan. January 15, 2014. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- Kubba, Sinan (January 15, 2014). "Disney Magical World ships 500,000 in Japan". Joystiq. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- Polygon.com, "Disney Magical World heading to Nintendo 3DS on April 11", Emily Gera, 10 January 2014
- "Disney Magical World for 3DS Reviews". Metacritic. CBC Interactive. Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Disney Magical World for 3DS". GameRankings. CBC Interactive. Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- Keller, Kimberly (April 8, 2014). "Disney Magical World Review". Nintendo World Report. Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- Bischoff, Daniel (April 8, 2014). "Disney Magical World Review". Game Revolution. Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Financial Highlights for the Fiscal Year Ended March 2014" (PDF). Namco Bandai. 8 May 2014. Retrieved 8 May 2014.