From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up disruption in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Disruption is an event which causes an "unplanned, negative deviation from the expected delivery ... according to the organization’s objectives". The objectives of information security include avoidance of disruption in this context.
- Cell disruption is a method or process in cell biology for releasing biological molecules from inside a cell.
- In Scotland, the Disruption of 1843 refers to the divergence from the Church of Scotland of the Free Church of Scotland
- Disruption is a method of disabling an explosive device by using projected water disruptors.
- "Disruption" in Schema (genetic algorithms)
- Disruption (of adoption) is also the term for the cancellation of an adoption of a child before it is legally completed.
- Disruptive innovation is Clayton Christensen's theory of industry disruption by new technology or products.
- Disruption is TBWA's philosophy.