From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up disruption in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In the context of Business continuity management, Disruption is an event which causes an "unplanned, negative deviation from the expected delivery ... according to the organization’s objectives".
- Cell disruption is a method or process in cell biology for releasing biological molecules from inside a cell.
- In Scotland, the Disruption of 1843 refers to the divergence from the Church of Scotland of the Free Church of Scotland
- Disruption is a method of disabling an explosive device by using projected water disruptors.
- "Disruption" in Schema (genetic algorithms)
- Disruption (of adoption) is also the term for the cancellation of an adoption of a child before it is legally completed.
- Laminar flow in fluid, depends on the absence of disruption.
- Disruptive innovation is Clayton Christensen's theory of industry disruption by new technology or products.