From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up dissonance or dissonances in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dissonance has several meanings, all related to conflict or incongruity:
- Consonance and dissonance in music are properties of an interval or chord (the quality of a discord)
- Cognitive dissonance is a state of mental conflict
- Dissonance in poetry is the deliberate avoidance of assonance, i.e. patterns of repeated vowel sounds. Dissonance in poetry is similar to cacophony and the opposite of euphony.
- Dissonance (album), a 2009 album by Enuff Z'Nuff
- Cultural dissonance is an uncomfortable sense experienced by people in the midst of change in their cultural environment.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.