From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up distinction in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Distinction may refer to:
- Two or more things being distinct from one another
- Distinction (social), a social force that places different values on different individuals. (social, class, and style)
- Distinction (law), a principle under international humanitarian law governing the legal use of force in an armed conflict.
- Distinction (philosophy), the analysis of difference
- Distinctive feature, a concept in linguistics
- Distinción, the practice in Spanish of separating particular consonantal sounds; see Phonological history of Spanish coronal fricatives
- The Hua–Yi distinction, the difference between China (Hua) and barbarian outsiders (Yi), applied culturally and ethnically
- an Award or quality of an award recipient
- Latin honors, indications of relative achievement among academic degree recipients
- Any one of the Nine Distinctions awarded by the Chinese emperor
- Order of Distinction, award in the Jamaican school honours system
- La Distinction, a book by Pierre Bourdieu
- Distinctive (film), film from Power Chan
- Distinction (horse), Irish gelding, third in the 2005 Melbourne Cup
- Distinction (song), song and CD by The Suffrajets
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Distinction.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.