Divaldo Pereira Franco
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007)|
|Divaldo Pereira Franco|
|Born||Divaldo Pereira Franco
May 5, 1927
Feira de Santana, Bahia, Brazil
He represented Spiritism as a delegate to the United Nations August 28–31st, 2000, Millennium World Peace Summit of Religious and Spiritual Leaders. After the death of Brazilian medium Chico Xavier in 2002, Divaldo became the most representative figure of Spiritism worldwide.[not in citation given]
On March 12, 2004, Divaldo presented the seminar Understanding Spiritual and Mental Health at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, in Baltimore.
"Divaldo Pereira Franco offers a psychologized counterpoint to the popular Spiritism paradigm established around the work of Chico Xavier".
"Divaldo Pereira Franco had a prevalent role in the implantation and consolidation of the Spiritist Movement in the United States."
Books about Divaldo
- "Divaldo, médium ou gênio?" - by journalist Fernando Pinto, 1976, 160 pags;
- "Moldando o Terceiro Milênio - Life and work of Divaldo Pereira Franco" - By journalist Fernando Worm;
- "O Semeador de Estrelas" - By Suely Caldas Schubert Stories about Divaldo's life;
- "Viagens e entrevistas" - By Yvon Luz. Different interviews with Divaldo.
Books by Divaldo translated to English
- Child of God (1986)
- Recipes for Peace (1996)
- Self-Discovery: An Inner Search (2005)
- Living and Loving (Audio CD - 2005)
- The Dynamics of Our Sixth Sense (2006)
- Obsession (1979)
- I Love Myself, I Am Addiction-free: Spiritual Tools to Fight Addiction (2005)
- The New Generation: The Spiritist View on Indigo and Crystal Children with Vanessa Anseloni (2007)
- Open Your Heart and Find Happiness (2006)
- Therapeutic Visualizations - (Audio CD - 2005)
- Understanding Spiritual and Mental Health (2005)
- "The Spiritist Review (English Edition)" (2). 2006. p. 7. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- Leão, F.C.; Lotufo Neto, F. (2007). "Rev. Psiq. Clín. 34, supl 1; 23-28, 2007". Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- Globo-Salgusa (April 2007). "Evento espírita reúne 15 mil na Imigrantes". Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- "News Room: Delegates". Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- Dobroruka, Vicente (May 2005). "Aspects of Late Second Temple Jewish Apocalyptic: A cross cultural comparison". Oxford Univ. p. 101. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- Lar Fabiano de Cristo (January–February 2006). "The Spiritist Information Service" (55). p. 3. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- Dawson, Andrew (June 2007). New Era: New Religions: Religious transformation in contemporary Brazil. Ashgate Publishing. p. 24. ISBN 978-0-7546-5433-9. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- "Interview with Wanderlei D C Marques". Advanced Study Group of Spiritism. February 2000. Retrieved 2009-01-04.