|Publisher||Katherine Tegen Books|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
Divergent trilogy is a series of young adult science fiction adventure novels by Veronica Roth. The trilogy consists of Divergent (2011), Insurgent (2012), and Allegiant (2013). It is a young-adult dystopian novel set in the so-called Divergent Universe, that features a post-apocalyptic version of Chicago.
Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant all take place in the same area, a futuristic and dystopian vision of Chicago. Beatrice Prior, who later changed her name to Tris, an Abnegation born and Dauntless transfer, must figure out her life as a Divergent. If the Dauntless leaders find her out she will be killed. She must learn to conceal her ability and not let it show.
- Beatrice "Tris" Prior
- Tobias "Four" Eaton
- Caleb Prior
- Marcus Eaton
- Jeanine Matthews
- Tori Wu
- Peter Hayes
- Natalie Prior
- Andrew Prior
- Susan Black
- Mr. Black
- Uriah Pedrad
- George Wu
- Jack Kang
- James Tucker
- Robert Black
- Johanna Reyes
- Evelyn Johnson-Eaton
- Molly Atwood
Bureau of Genetic Welfare
Summit Entertainment bought the rights to film an adaptation of the novel and recruited Neil Burger to direct, with Shailene Woodley starring as Beatrice "Tris" Prior and Theo James as Tobias "Four" Eaton. Lionsgate and its subsidiary Summit Entertainment distributed the film.  Kate Winslet was signed as Jeanine Matthews. Also recruited into the cast were Maggie Q as Tori, Zoe Kravitz as Christina, Ansel Elgort as Caleb, Miles Teller as Peter, Ashley Judd as Natalie Prior, Tony Goldwyn as Andrew Prior, and Jai Courtney as Eric. It was released on March 21, 2014. Insurgent began filming in Atlanta on May 27, 2014.
- Christopher Borrelli (22 October 2013). "The next YA superstar?". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- "Insurgent (Divergent Series #2) by Veronica Roth". Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- "Allegiant (Divergent Series #3) (B&N Exclusive Edition) by Veronica Roth". Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- Dominus, Susan (12 May 2011). "In This Dystopia, Teens Must Choose Wisely". The New York Times. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- Angulo Chen, Sandie. "Divergent". Common Sense Media. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Insurgent Veronica Roth. HarperCollins/Tegen". Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- Roth, Vernoica. "Errors: Why They Happen, How to Better Avoid Them". Retrieved 6/2/2013.
- Siegel, Tatiana; Kit, Borys (March 15, 2013). "'Downton Abbey's' Theo James Nabs Male Lead in Summit's 'Divergent'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- Kit, Borys; Siegel, Tatiana (March 11, 2013). "Maggie Q, Zoe Kravitz and Ansel Elgort Join 'Divergent' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- "‘Divergent’ Sequel ‘Insurgent’ Starts Filming in Atlanta May 27th!". Retrieved 27 April 2014.