|Elevation||612 ft (187 m)|
|Area||0.79 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- land||0.79 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||1,507.3 / sq mi (582 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Divernon, Illinois|
Divernon is a village in Sangamon County, Illinois, United States. The population was 1,201 at the 2000 census, and 1,131 at a 2009 estimate. It is part of the Springfield, Illinois Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Divernon is located at (39.566208, -89.655718).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 0.79 square miles (2.0 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,201 people, 480 households, and 340 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,507.3 people per square mile (579.6/km²). There were 516 housing units at an average density of 647.6 per square mile (249.0/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 100.00% White, 0.00% African American, 0.00% Asian, 0.00% from other races, and 0.00% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.00% of the population.
There were 480 households out of which 35.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.9% were married couples living together, 9.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.0% were non-families. 24.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.50 and the average family size was 2.98.
In the village the population was spread out with 26.6% under the age of 18, 8.0% from 18 to 24, 32.3% from 25 to 44, 20.3% from 45 to 64, and 12.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 92.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.3 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $43,750, and the median income for a family was $49,706. Males had a median income of $33,333 versus $26,042 for females. The per capita income for the village was $18,670. About 4.9% of families and 7.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.0% of those under age 18 and 1.5% of those age 65 or over.
Public schools are managed by Auburn Community Unit School District 10. Secondary education is provided by Auburn Junior High School, located on East Kenney Street. The premises were previously occupied by Divernon High School.
- Al Papai, MLB pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Browns, Boston Red Sox and Chicago White Sox
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Places: Illinois". 2010 Census Gazetteer Files. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Pilger, Hal (23 June 2009). "Longtime official Ervin shoots for a new goal". The State Journal-Register. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Junior High". Auburn Community Unit School District 10. 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2013.